any pittsburghers who have driven to port liberty

moorefunn

It takes us about six hours to drive to Pittsburgh. We drive there many times a year and that is our average. Our town is about 30 minutes from Bayonne. So I'm guesstimating six and a half.

And yes, the leaves should still be good unless this darn rain knocks them all down.

Enjoy your cruise.

celtic

We live in Wheeling and drive to our son's in Cranford, NJ (just out side of Newark) in 51/2 or 6 depending on # of stops and traffic/construction. Now, we know what lanes to be in, etc and we can manage to get into the "spirit" of the "get ahead by one car" game that they all love to play out there, so that is a help. If you are a newbe, add some extra time:eek: .

i am a salesman and drive alot there fore i tend to drive fast i was figuring 5 3/4 hours just get on turnpike set it on 70 mph and let her fly

also i live just by the irwin exit so i dont have to go thru washington on 70 They will never quit doing construction on that stretch

:)

Actually, SO doesn't drive all that fast. Usually 65-70. And yes we do stop for lunch, I think around Blue Mountain.

celtic

When you get into NJ if your doing 70 watch out for everyone passing you and if your going that slow stay in the right lane.

Please on the Jersey turnpike don't go 70 miles an hour. Please go much faster as the locals will run over you. Actually the turnpik traffic travels around 75 or 80 mph. The state troopers are going 90 and never give anyone a glance if they stay under 80. My husband is a salesman and travels the turnpike everyday and never has got a ticket. If you want to go slow stay to the right or you will be passed on the right and cut in front of. Pat

moorefunn - where do you live in Greensburg? We live on the corner of Oakland and Guthrie in Southwest Greensburg. I am traveling to Cape Liberty in March so I'm very interested in the answers you've been getting. Maybe you could send me an email once you're back to let me know how long it took you. "janetlenzi @ hotmail" is my email address. Thanks!

i actually live closer to herminie but no one knows where that is i live by yough

high school

we are leaving tomorrow so i will let you know how long it takes to drive it

we are leaving at 10 am ship sails at 7 pm

plus with daylight savings time (moving the clocks back):) we get an extra hour on the ship

iwe are leaving at 10 am ship sails at 7 pm

plus with daylight savings time (moving the clocks back):) we get an extra hour on the ship

Every little bit counts! I know where both Herminie and Yough are, you're not all that far away. Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to email me when you get back about the time element. I also hope you do a review, because I would love to read that too!

• 2 weeks later...
we are back any questions on the drive or cruise

Hi Morrefun,

Hope you had a super cruise! We are driving from Northeast PA to Newark airport next August before our Transatlantic cruise. Was the airport easy to find? Did you have any problems driving in traffic as everyone was warning about driving too slowly? I will have to drive and am not great in traffic when I don't know where I'm going. Any suggestions to make it an easier drive?

Thanks alot,

Welcome Back Moorefunn!

I'm the one from Greensburg, and would like to know how long the trip took. We are going in March, and need to allow plenty of driving time for the weather. Any thing tht we should know about the port? How was your cruise? Give us some details! You know we all live for other people's reviews while we're waiting for our own cruise to finally get here. :D

Jan

judy and jan

we had a great cruise first to judy newark airport is very easy to find and well marked off of rt 78 i have a laptob computer with gps software so i just put in the final address and it shows me and also talks to me on where to turn coming from north pa though i think key work think you would drive 80 over and im not shure from there

jan the drive to the ship terminal was relatively easy now you have to remember i am a salesman who drives a lot so i can drive in any conditions

we made it out in 5 hours exactly door to port

now at times on 78 in nj we were going with thaffic in the fast lane about 95 mph

now you could not be in the fast lane but the slow lane and do 65 without any problem

i believe the route was turnpike east to us 11 then 81 to 78

78 takes you across the bridge in nj then signs will take you to the cruise terminal (the only tricky part is when you get to the bridge you will see two lanes one to the right takes you to holland tunnel the one to the left takes you across the bridge go across the bridge

now about our cruise

we had cabin 7208 wich is a cc cabin aft with the larger balconies

this room was great i mean perfect large enough quite and the view aut the back of the ship was superb. our room stewart analiza was incredible. the room was kept spotless with our needs met to perfection. we had our breakfast delivered to us everymornig and set up outside on our table with white table cloth. it was wonderful.

the ship itself is in excellant condition the carpets look brand new in the room and out. everything is just perfect.

the itinerary is good but.....

grand bahamas (freeport) there is not a lot to do here except take a cab into town to shop and there is nothing really to buy there that you cant get in any other port. and you are there all day.

nassau ther is all kind of things to do here but the ship leaves at 2 so unless you get up at the crack of dawn ship gets in at 7am there is not a lot of time

next stop vigin islands.... what can you say about probably the most gorgeous place on earth.... the waters are breathtaking

we did a private tour on st martin and it was very nice

we chartered winifred on st thomas

san juan another pretty stop but once again the ship sails at 1 pm you need to be on board at 12 45 not a lot of time

i would like to see freeport illiminated completely and spend more time in san juan and also nassau

i would like to reiterate that this was one of the best cruises my wife and i have ever been on so please dont read any negative comments int what i am saying above

we have been on galaxy mercury infinity and now connie

she is by far the best ship with the best and most friendly captain.

she is clean and we booked her next year at the same time as this year as it is our anniversary nov 2.

we are sailing summitt march 2006 14 day hawaii.

the food was very good as it is on all celebrity ships. the entertainment was also good although we did not do a lot of shows.

cirq was outstanding with there new 30 minute show.

any other questions ask away

ps the drive back took 5 1/2 hours if you give yourself 7 hours you will be fine. also we did not stop but once each way for fuel and bathroom.

Moorefunn,

Thanks so much for all the information. When I posted my email address before I left spaces. Here it is: janetlenzi@hotmail.com Please email me, I do have some more questions for you and I don't want to take up eveyone's time here.

With Celebrity we have been on Mercury, Century, Galaxy, Zenith and Summit. I just loved the Summit and am so looking forward to the Constellation.

Archived