Linking Reservations Necessary for My Time Dining?

My partner & I will be traveling with a friend (in another cabin) on the Harmony TA in October. We've all got my time dining and will be making dinner reservations online that will allow us to attend the entertainment we've reserved. Is it necessary to link our reservation with our friend's in order to have a table for 3 at our desired time or can we make an online reservation for a specific time & our friend makes an online dinner reservation for the same time & when we get to the dining room just ask for a table for 3?

I made all of my MTD reservations on line easily as usual for our upcoming

cruise. Then my sister decided to join us. Tried to go back in to link them

up and add them to our table, but it was a total pain in the butt online.

Will wait and do that now when we board.

Met up with friends on our last cruise, and found it was no problem adding them

to our table for the rest of the week. :)

We had a party of 9 (this was 4 different cabins and families). We all linked together and had no problems getting the same table and time every night. We had My Time Dining. We did call and had RCL link us together prior to getting on the ship (Liberty).

We have 3 couples going and tried to link all together but they wouldn't do it. They said to take care of it on board. We booked through a company and one couple booked with RCCL directly.

But we did all make reservations for 7:30 every night (subject to change) not sure where we well end up eating though.:eek:

If you want reservations for the same table, then it's best to link your bookings and make one dinner reservation for all of your party.

We have the same situation for our 11/12 cruise on Freedom. I'm traveling with my sister and her husband. We have my time dining and our travel agent linked our dining reservations. We have always done traditional early seating, but it wasn't available. We want to book the same time for the entire week as soon as online booking is open.

- Can I make the reservation requesting a table for 3? Do I need to provide their reservation ID also?

- My booking confirmation says MTD can be made online 3 months and 4 days prior to departure. Is that info still accuate?

Thanks so much for the info!

Sandy

Last Oct, I had booked our MTD reservations and tried to add two other couples but couldn't so we all went to the dining room and I informed them that two other couples would be joining us and no problem, they added them and switched us to a larger table which we had for the remainder of the cruise.

We have the same situation for our 11/12 cruise on Freedom. I'm traveling with my sister and her husband. We have my time dining and our travel agent linked our dining reservations. We have always done traditional early seating, but it wasn't available. We want to book the same time for the entire week as soon as online booking is open.

- Can I make the reservation requesting a table for 3? Do I need to provide their reservation ID also?

- My booking confirmation says MTD can be made online 3 months and 4 days prior to departure. Is that info still accuate?

Thanks so much for the info!

Sandy

If your reservations are linked, the website should give you the option to add guests from the other reservation. You don't request a specific table size, but they assume that your dining reservation will be at it's own table.

Timing for reservations to open is variable.

Edited by clarea

I linked other reservations to ours on past cruises without a problem. Guess the web site liked me that day. On 2 cruises I linked 1 other reservation and on 1 cruise I linked 2 other reservations. We all were booked via my RCCL vacation planner. No travel agents involved.