Vista Steakhouse Reservation

RumpunchGirl

I'm following a similar post on the main board but want to ask specifically here what your experiences were like when making a reservations at the Vista steakhouse. I used the link thru Manage My Cruise to make a request a month ago. I still have not had any confirmation back. I sail in Jan. 2017 but would really like to get this in place so I can get my preferred time. I'm wondering how long those of you who may reservations prior to cruising Vista had to wait for you confirmation. If any one has a contact email for the Vista's Maitre D and would share it I would be very grateful. DH talked to a Carnival rep last week when making a payment and that person had no info on it at all. Thanks for any help! :)

I'm having the same problem. I made reservations through Manage My Cruise nearly 2 weeks ago for the Cucina and the Steakhouse for my 10/1 cruise. I received confirmation from Cucina the very next day. Nothing yet from the steakhouse......

I received a confirmation on March 29, 2016 for our October 21st Vista TransAtantic cruise. I requested the reservation through the Manage my Cruise page. Don't remember when I made the request but I recall the reply coming within a couple of days. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Most people seemed to have gotten a reply with in a few days. I have an email address from another thread the I will use to find out what's going with it as it has been a month.

I'm following a similar post on the main board but want to ask specifically here what your experiences were like when making a reservations at the Vista steakhouse. I used the link thru Manage My Cruise to make a request a month ago. I still have not had any confirmation back. I sail in Jan. 2017 but would really like to get this in place so I can get my preferred time. I'm wondering how long those of you who may reservations prior to cruising Vista had to wait for you confirmation. If any one has a contact email for the Vista's Maitre D and would share it I would be very grateful. DH talked to a Carnival rep last week when making a payment and that person had no info on it at all. Thanks for any help! :)

I'm on the Vista now and I never received confirmation for my reservation request prior to the cruise. It was waiting for me in my cabin when I boarded though. Someone who took the same tour with us in Athens the day before embarkation, told me she requested a reservation twice and called and never received confirmation either. We ended up being sat at tables next to each other the same evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have done the same now twice via the Manage My Booking. it's our 40th wedding anniversary while we are on board. I best get a confirmation !

Edited by bluwes

I am sailing on October 1 and I sent my first request in April and never heard a word, so I sent a second request in May, still nothing, finally I found an email address on one of these threads and sent a request through that in June and heard back about 3 weeks later. Anyway, it took me about 3 months of being persistent to finally hear back.

I am sailing Vista January 28-February 5, 2017. I requested thru the Manage my Cruise page reservations for 2 at Cucina Del Capitano and Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse at the same time. I received my confirmation for Cucina in about 3 weeks; I have not heard a word about the 555 reservation.

I did receive confirmation about the Chef's Table, just don't know what night.

I am sailing on October 1 and I sent my first request in April and never heard a word, so I sent a second request in May, still nothing, finally I found an email address on one of these threads and sent a request through that in June and heard back about 3 weeks later. Anyway, it took me about 3 months of being persistent to finally hear back.

Could you please let me have that email address, as after 4 attempts, still heard nothing back

This happened to me..

I am booked on the Vista 12/3/16 and made a steakhouse reservation about 4 months ago. No reply. Everyone else in my party had gotten their confirmations.

I send another in and nothing back.

I finally end up contacting John Heald via FB who has the maitre d email me. He said my reservation had been confirmed and an email sent, twice.

I did a search of my email and low and behold, it was in my spam folder.

I'd try maybe doing an email search because it may be there, depending on your security settings, like mine was.

Hope this helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Is it not possible to make a reservation for Cucina and the steakhouse when you are onboard?

Yes, it is. But most people want to make sure they have their preferred date and time reserved (for instance, Sea Days are very popular for the Steakhouse).

Today I received another confirmation for the Steakhouse. I wonder if that means I have 2 different reservations for the same time on the same night or is it for the same one?:eek: I guess I'll find out when I show up how many tables I have.:)

I am sailing Vista January 28-February 5, 2017. I requested thru the Manage my Cruise page reservations for 2 at Cucina Del Capitano and Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse at the same time. I received my confirmation for Cucina in about 3 weeks; I have not heard a word about the 555 reservation.

I did receive confirmation about the Chef's Table, just don't know what night.

On 24 July, I emailed VSSUPPER@carnival.com, and received confirmation on August 11 for my reservation at 555.

So...that email address does work.