Internet service on Summit

Baires

I read about the new, faster, Xcelerate Internet access on Summit, which costs $140 for the week and allows for high-bandwidth uses such as video chat or video streaming, on a single device. Is there also a low-bandwidth option, that one could use on more than one device if all you need is email and some web browsing, or is Xcelerate the only option, at $140 per device?

I'm pretty sure there's only the one option - Xcellerate. Didn't see any packages for lower bandwith and frankly, you don't want it any slower than that.

Xcellerate is great compared to other cruise lines' internet speed IME. But, it's still nowhere near anything like high speed internet at home. I can't imagine people trying to FaceTime or stream videos but maybe others have had better luck than I did.

Must have a steady connection during our upcoming Bermuda cruise due to family health issues. Thinking to do the Summit package to cover us while we are on the ship. And a minimal ATT international package while on land, since the ship's service ends once you leave the ship. Anyone have any other suggestions?