Space Comparisons

Cruise-y

I must concur that the location of the table and chairs at the foot of the bed in the Marina/Riviera PH suites is less than ideal. The table in the "R" ship PH cabins is much more convenient for us. (We aren't six feet tall so our feet don't run into the table or chairs on the "O" ships but I can see where that would be an irritation for taller passengers!)

OTOH, love the larger bathroom and walk-in closet ... so you win some, you lose some.

Mura

Paul, surely not on the veranda, but, on the outside wall next to the door to the veranda....just an extra chair if needed.

I see - that makes more sense.

Wasn't sure what you meant by "outside area, veranda side". :)

I must concur that the location of the table and chairs at the foot of the bed in the Marina/Riviera PH suites is less than ideal. The table in the "R" ship PH cabins is much more convenient for us. (We aren't six feet tall so our feet don't run into the table or chairs on the "O" ships but I can see where that would be an irritation for taller passengers!)

OTOH, love the larger bathroom and walk-in closet ... so you win some, you lose some. Mura

Yes I have to move the table and chairs away from the bed or I bump against the back of one of the chairs and the edge of the table...and I am a very still sleeper. We never use the table or chairs. The butler leaves the afternoon snack on the table and we move it to the table in the sitting area against the verandah.

TALL guy here throwing in an opinion regarding space versus function in the Marina/Riviera PH suites. (No need to read further if you're under six feet.)

Yes, the PH suite has more living space than a veranda cabin, but it's more cluttered. The end result is that, to this former PH occupant, it doesn't feel that much roomier.

In particular, the chairs and table at the foot of the bed are a royal pain. When one's feet hang over the end of the mattress (as mine do), there's no hanging room unless the furniture is moved away from the bed. But by doing so, it becomes even more of an obstruction when groping through a darkened cabin to, say, visit the loo in the middle of the night.

Also, as an aside, the two chairs facing the sofa -- or one chair in the case of our Riviera trans-Atlantic in a PH -- are hard and uncomfortable. Definitely not a reading or lounging chair. Just more clutter unless you're an entertainer and need additional seating.

Yes, the closet space is definitely bigger and more useful in the O-class PH. Other than that…..meh.

On the other hand, PH suites on the R-class ships feel roomy, less cluttered and more comfortable in my subjective opinion…and the OP did specify "subjective." Diff'rent strokes…..

Thank you Dr. H. This is exactly the subjective opinion I was seeking. From the photos, it does appear to me that there is a lot of extraneous, trip-over furniture in a PH. Extra closet space is nice, because the clutter can all be confined there. But the chairs don't look inviting and I (personal opinion) really don't want to eat at the foot of my bed. There would be ketchup on the linens for sure.

Thank you Dr. H. This is exactly the subjective opinion I was seeking. From the photos, it does appear to me that there is a lot of extraneous, trip-over furniture in a PH. Extra closet space is nice, because the clutter can all be confined there. But the chairs don't look inviting and I (personal opinion) really don't want to eat at the foot of my bed. There would be ketchup on the linens for sure.

I had many breakfasts at thst table. The chairs were better than I thought. About never sat on sofa..either balcony,chairs by bed or lounge. Loved the closet and bathroom.na few years ago but thought it was grand. Those cabins are bigger than a club suite on Az and I enjoyed all my space.