Liberty Boarding Location?

My family and I are sailing on the Liberty next February. I was wondering what deck and location we will be boarding at. What will be the first thing we see when we get on board?

You will alight the ship on the outside promenade on deck 4. You will likely be directed to one of the entrances near the forward or aft centrums.

Thank you. I like showing the kids pictures of the ship and telling them what's going to happen when we get there. It's a great way to get them excited and enjoy the cruise months ahead of time.

Thank you. I like showing the kids pictures of the ship and telling them what's going to happen when we get there. It's a great way to get them excited and enjoy the cruise months ahead of time.

Funny...the first trip with my kids was pre-internet. We spent hours pouring over the colorful brochure from Carnival!

I even called and asked if we could get a list of the shore excursions - the guy acted like I wanted the moon! He did finally fax me them - another thing we spent hours discussing & deciding which excursions to take!

Funny...the first trip with my kids was pre-internet. We spent hours pouring over the colorful brochure from Carnival!

I even called and asked if we could get a list of the shore excursions - the guy acted like I wanted the moon! He did finally fax me them - another thing we spent hours discussing & deciding which excursions to take!

We're still debating those ourselves.

Does anyone have experience with someone else coming to see you off? My kids are begging their grandparents to wave at us as we sail away. Is this possible, and where would they go to stand to watch the ship leave to where we could see each other?

Does anyone have experience with someone else coming to see you off? My kids are begging their grandparents to wave at us as we sail away. Is this possible, and where would they go to stand to watch the ship leave to where we could see each other?

I'd go right behind the Harbor House hotel.

Bob is right - just behind the Harbor House is an area where you can watch the ships leave. Here's a picture from the Galveston Cruise webcam located atop the Harbor House. The ships would be behind and to the left of the camera in this view.

Dock.jpg.49c3798e97491ff09594e22044cbdc00.jpg

How about really surprising your kids and take the grandparents along.:)

This is not meant as a dig or something, but just a thought in our instant gratification society now.

But what about allowing kids to imagine and envision and "anticipate" the grandeur of those first moments walking onto the ship?

I like planning and being prepared too. But real life and real wonderment is being replaced all too often with another Google search.

Just saying. Have a great cruise experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is not meant as a dig or something, but just a thought in our instant gratification society now.

But what about allowing kids to imagine and envision and "anticipate" the grandeur of those first moments walking onto the ship?

I like planning and being prepared too. But real life and real wonderment is being replaced all too often with another Google search.

Just saying. Have a great cruise experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking the same thing. The first walk on to the ship can be special, kind of sad to lessen the moment and experience by studying pictures beforehand.

Everybody is different. Personally, I wouldn't stand in the lobby of a restaurant looking over a menu deciding what I'm eating before even sitting down, but a lot of folks do. Different strokes for different folks!

Some kids need to be familiarized with things before you throw them headlong into it. My son who is on the spectrum fared much better when we ramped up especially to a big trip because of the drastic changes in schedule and surroundings. By the time we got on the ship he had lost his deer in the headlights stare! I am a big planner so it works for me too!