Jacksonville Port Places to Stay

jesskuhmarie

So my husband and I just book a the November 14th sailing of the Carnival Elation out of Jacksonville. This will be our first time driving to the port and our first cruise out of Jacksonville. Our last two cruises have been our big yearly vacation and we have flown to Miami for those. For this one, I was just looking at doing a quick beach trip (we live ~3 hours from the beach) but with our new love of cruising we found that a cruise would be cheaper and the drive to Jacksonville is only ~7 hours.

So I am looking for suggestions of places to stay in Jacksonville the day before. I either want somewhere nice on a beach that's within an hour drive of the port, or somewhere in close vicinity to the port where we can leave our car and avoid paying for parking at the port. I haven't decided which route we will go yet but would love any suggestions of places that fit either of those ideas!

As a person who lives in Jacksonville, I would avoid these streets: 103rd, Normandy, ANYWHERE downtown, Lane Ave., or really anywhere near the airport. Amelia Island/Fernadina Beach is nice, albeit a bit pricey. St. Augustine is south of Jacksonville and I'm unsure of the distance from Jacksonville but it's beautiful and worth checking out if you have time. Jacksonville Beach/Neptune Beach/Atlantic Beach is nice. There's an oceanfront Best Western in Jax Beach that is nice. Feel free to ask anything else :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville airport and it is close to port (15-20 minutes) and plenty of restaurant close by and I left my car in their lot and they know a local shuttle who took me to the port and back. It was all very easy and I am booked with them for my April cruise out of Jacksonville,

We usually stay at either the Hampton Inn Airport or Hyatt Place Airport. Both are really nice, very very clean and comfortable, have a pool and breakfast the next day. Hampton Inn has a park and cruise package, but their parking is open and not secure.

There is a cruise parking company with a shuttle just on the other side of Airport Blvd (I'm sorry. I don't remember the name), but we find it easier to park at the port. The lot is fenced with loads loads of spaces and security.

If you're driving, I'd second heading to Jacksonville Beach. I addition to the Best Western Oceanfront, there's a nice 4 Points Sheraton and for more budget minded there's the Casa Marina Inn which has a great restaurant. All 3 are near the pier and there are plenty of good places to have dinner.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, we will be driving in to Jacksonville the day before this same cruise too. :) Does anyone know if there is a hotel that has a view of the port? Where we might could see the ship when we wake up, preferably from our hotel window? I love doing that. :D

I cruised out of Jacksonville in April and there are no hotels with a view of the port, port is kind of off by itself in an industrial area. There is a Holiday Inn maybe a mile or two from the port but that is about all

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion:

If you are coming from the North use Google maps to see if you can find a hotel in Fernandina or Fernandina Beach. Easy access from I-95 to beach area. Then on cruise day drive AIA South through the state park and directly to port. No need to go back to I-95. Use local roads and a beautiful drive. I know you wanted offsite parking but the port is easy in and out and rate is reasonable. Do not arrive at the port too early as they will not allow entry until most of the departing passengers are gone. Narrow road in and out.

Hint: try to be as high on the top deck as possible when you depart and sail under the bridge you will swear your going to hit it.

Happy cruising