Which one: Celebrity Infinity or Century

jaw62901

Hi,

I'm looking at a couple of cruises and would like your addvice. This will be my first cruise and I was thinking of doing either the:

7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Onboard Century On 04 Feb 2006 Century Suite , #1140 $2708.56 (single) Stateroom: 190 sqft Ver: 69 sqft

Sat, Feb 04 Fort Lauderdale, Florida DepartureDepart 4:30 PMSun, Feb 05 At Sea Mon, Feb 06 San Juan, Puerto Rico DockedArrive 4:30 PMTue, Feb 07 San Juan, Puerto Rico DockedDepart 12:30 AMTue, Feb 07 Tortola, British Virgin Isl DockedArrive 7:00 AMDepart 5:30 PMWed, Feb 08 Philipsburg, St. Maarten TenderedArrive 7:00 AMDepart 3:00 PMThu, Feb 09 At Sea Fri, Feb 10 Nassau, Bahamas DockedArrive 3:00 PMDepart 7:00 PMSat, Feb 11 Fort Lauderdale, Florida ArrivalArrive 7:00 AM

Or

7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Onboard Infinity On 12 Feb 2006 Concierge Class , #7184 $2652.85 (single) Stateroom: 191 sqft Ver: 41 sqft

Sun, Feb 12 Fort Lauderdale, Florida DepartureDepart 4:30 PMMon, Feb 13 At Sea Tue, Feb 14 Casa De Campo, Dominican Rep DockedArrive 1:00 PMDepart 11:00 PMWed, Feb 15 San Juan, Puerto Rico DockedArrive 10:00 AMDepart 8:00 PMThu, Feb 16 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas DockedArrive 7:00 AMDepart 5:30 PMFri, Feb 17 At Sea Sat, Feb 18 Nassau, Bahamas DockedArrive 12:00 PMDepart 5:30 PMSun, Feb 19 Fort Lauderdale, Florida ArrivalArrive 7:00 AM

What do you think.

It's pretty subjective, Jason. I would choose based on which ports I preferred. I have also read on another thread that the concierge class isn't much different than cheaper cabins, not worth the money for the few extras. Never stayed in one myself, but have been on 4 X cruises, and was happy with the rooms on all of them.

Deanna

Jason,

Just my 2 cents worth, but for the diff in price..$55, I personally would take the Infinity. The CC will give you some additional benefits & it's cheaper! (I am not personally familiar with the Century Suite on Century)

I like St. Maarten better than Caso de Campo AND the Infinity has a few more dining options and public areas. I like that itinerary better for that reason!

Of course, the Century is going in for drydock & added amenities, but I don't have those dates in compairson to your dates, so can't help with THAT.

I've sailed on Summit and Connie, Infinity's twins and on Century. I would definitely sail on Infinity. I love the thalassotherapy pool on the Millie class ships and the Aqua Spa Cafe which Century does not have.

When I initially read your post I was thinking of the former Century Suite which was the same cabin as a Sky Suite, but on Deck 10 with a smaller balcony. Therefore, I would have recommended the Century. However, the original Century Suites are now called Sky Suites on Deck 10 and the current Century Suite is what use to be called a mini suite. I would not recommend cabin 1140, which use to be a mini suite for two reasons. It is not that much larger than a standard cabin on that ship, and its location at the rear end of the Century is not ideal. The Century class ships have significant vibrations in that part of the ship whenever their engines start or shut down. On the other hand, cabin 7184 on the Infinity is on the side of the ship, and even though it is close to the rear, M Class ships don't have the same vibration problem because of their gas turbine engines. With this in mind, I would definitely recommend the Infinity :)

for me to go on a cruise like many others, it is a real treat and we have to save for it. ( we are still doing the 4 in school- tuitions etc... stage )

Anyway. i have been on the infinity, the summit and the Connie. i have LOVED it. I wish i knew if i could then switch to the smaller ships and still be as awed.

I love the spa "area" and the thallo pool, i really enjoyed the aqua spa food, i even always enjoyed the glass elevators, never got tired of the view. I like always having people to talk to yet always having a quiet spot if i needed it.We always eat at the late dining so later in the day i would enjoy a snack at the aqua spa and an hour soak in the thallo pool. I am not sure about the smaller ships but on the M class there are 6 hot tubs. if i wanted to use one their was always a spot ( i liked that )

i know you wont be dissappointed by the infinity.

Enjoy !

Nadine

Much as I loved the Mercury, which is a sister ship to the Century, the M class ships like the Infinity are my favorites, especially for the specialty restaurants.

On the other hand, I would love to have the opportunity to cruise on the new Century after its dry dock, just to see all of the changes. I understand they will have a specialty restaurant now as well. And if the service is as good as the Mercury, it could be a really nice cruise. But I just realized that the drydock will be after your cruise.

In which case, I would definitely go for the Infinity. You won't need to be in a suite to enjoy the T-Pool and it has an Aqua Spa Cafe.

:)

Susan

You might enjoy the Infinity more as it is a more up to date ship--but century had achieved cult status for some. In my opinion, the itin on the Century is better--Tortola is fabulous & casa de Campo not so great & you also have St Maarten--but in contrast Infinity has a better port time in San Juan so you could do the rainforest or other tours--on Century you'll be limited to a few in the late aftrenoon--also better port time for Nassau-- St Thomas is nicer than St maarten in many respects--Hard to really decide...

The suite on century will be nicer--but cc class does have its perks--priority check in & luggage & the daily canapes & fresh fruit, flowers, champagne on arrival...great pillow & comforters--plus great cabin service .. Take a picure tour on the Celeb website & that may help you decide--either way it'll be a nice trip to enjoy.. Makes me want to book them both

The Infiniti ports IMHO are less appealing. You will enjoy either room and I do not expect that you will be spending much time in there anyway. I think that the Infiniti is larger and you may have a better chance of meeting more people if that is your choice. Enjy whichever you choose.

Archived