Fries and Kids Menus for Main Dining Room

straychicken

As another poster mentioned, the kids menu items may be pre-plated or come from a different kitchen from the adult choices, making substitutions difficult.

No, to both assumptions. The expense of pre-plating - when it's possible no children will come to the MDR, or none will order from the child's menu - would be prohibitive.

And, since there's no "kids menu" as such in the LIDO, PG, etc. - why would their kitchens be used for the MDR children's menu?

As another poster mentioned, the kids menu items may be pre-plated or come from a different kitchen from the adult choices, making substitutions difficult.

You do realize that suggestion was pure speculation, from someone who does not travel with children, and is not known to order from the children's menu herself?

Take it as a flight of fancy.

I'm sorry you had that experience. We've cruised twice on HAL with our kids and they have always been accommodating. My son whose tastes run more kid like tends to order off of the kids menu most nights, but my daughter who is more adventures will order off of the adults menu as well as the kids menu.

One night she wanted to order rainbow trout, which I wasn't sure she would like, so the waiter also put in a back up order off of the kids menu, which I was grateful for when she didn't like the rainbow trout.