Beachfront Fort Lauderdale

jficco

Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel in Fort Lauderdale that offers airport and port transfers? Also are there any that are within walking distance to stores where I can purchase wine and toiletries like shampoo, etc?

I would not limit yourself finding a hotel with transfers included. In the end you will pay for that either way.

Getting to many of the hotels and from the hotel to the port involve relatively short rides and are not very costly.

If you want a very nice hotel with a beautiful each consider the e Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa.

BuckeyeMan, you are going to find even few options with a hotel that will include a transfer from Miami International Airport to a Fort Lauderdale Hotel. I would arrange the transfer on your own.

Keith

If you are sailing out of port everglades, just use Uber/Lyft to and from the airport to hotel, and from hotel to port everglades.

Typical costs of Uber/Lyft from FLL - Seabreeze Blvd/17th street is 7-10.00 each way

Cost from Seabreeze/17th Street to Port Everglades is also 7-10.00 each way

This will be MUCH cheaper than a hotel that "includes" the cost of a shuttle in their cost. Believe me, you are PAYING more for that perk. And it's a shuttle, so you have to go at the time with the shuttle leaves and have little flexibility. With Uber and Lyft, you request an ride when you want to leave, 5 minutes later they come to pick you up.

Hotel Recommendations

I've stayed at The W on Las Olas, which was nice and beach front.

I am staying at The Westin Beachfront Resort this time around in Sept, because they have beach towels complimentary, and an overpass over the road to the beach, as well as a Starbucks inside the resort. I love having the starbucks right there so I can grab a bagel and coffee for breakfast in the morning...Cheaper than paying for a hotel that includes breakfast - because again, they are burying that cost in the price of the hotel!!! I would be staying at The W again, but they are a lot more than The Westin Beach Resort, so doing The beach resort Westin instead - same company so expecting the same service.

Things to do around Seabreeze/las olas/17th st- there's lots of restaurants/bars within walking distance on seabreeze blvd, as well as some affordable options, like Jimmy Johns, etc. I *think* there is a CVS or Walgreens on Seabreeze blvd (the road that is ocean front), but we like to go to 17th St to the Carrabba's because they have 1/2 apps and drinks everyday from 3-7pm, and then across the street from there is Publix and a Total Wine, so we can pick up any last minute essentials and some wine to carry on the cruise. an Uber from Las Olas to 17th street is like 4.00 each way, and you can walk across the street to go to publix/total wine, etc

:D These are just some of our little traditions hehe

Edited by aubreyc1988

Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel in Fort Lauderdale that offers airport and port transfers? Also are there any that are within walking distance to stores where I can purchase wine and toiletries like shampoo, etc?

No beachfront hotels will offer shuttle service from the airport. And rides to port are easiest and less $ by cab or uber.

When will you be staying (exact date) and what kind of budget would you like? Beach hotels run a range in pricing. Usually, the most reasonable $$ and a great location is Bahia Mar (doubletree) . Check on and join Hilton Honors.com for best pricing.

If you are sailing out of port everglades, just use Uber/Lyft to and from the airport to hotel, and from hotel to port everglades.

Typical costs of Uber/Lyft from FLL - Seabreeze Blvd/17th street is 7-10.00 each way

Cost from Seabreeze/17th Street to Port Everglades is also 7-10.00 each way

This will be MUCH cheaper than a hotel that "includes" the cost of a shuttle in their cost. Believe me, you are PAYING more for that perk. And it's a shuttle, so you have to go at the time with the shuttle leaves and have little flexibility. With Uber and Lyft, you request an ride when you want to leave, 5 minutes later they come to pick you up.

Hotel Recommendations

I've stayed at The W on Las Olas, which was nice and beach front.

I am staying at The Westin Beachfront Resort this time around in Sept, because they have beach towels complimentary, and an overpass over the road to the beach, as well as a Starbucks inside the resort. I love having the starbucks right there so I can grab a bagel and coffee for breakfast in the morning...Cheaper than paying for a hotel that includes breakfast - because again, they are burying that cost in the price of the hotel!!! I would be staying at The W again, but they are a lot more than The Westin Beach Resort, so doing The beach resort Westin instead - same company so expecting the same service.

Things to do around Seabreeze/las olas/17th st- there's lots of restaurants/bars within walking distance on seabreeze blvd, as well as some affordable options, like Jimmy Johns, etc. I *think* there is a CVS or Walgreens on Seabreeze blvd (the road that is ocean front), but we like to go to 17th St to the Carrabba's because they have 1/2 apps and drinks everyday from 3-7pm, and then across the street from there is Publix and a Total Wine, so we can pick up any last minute essentials and some wine to carry on the cruise. an Uber from Las Olas to 17th street is like 4.00 each way, and you can walk across the street to go to publix/total wine, etc

:D These are just some of our little traditions hehe

Thanks so much for the great information! I've never used Uber before do they charge per person or per ride??

Thanks so much for the great information! I've never used Uber before do they charge per person or per ride??

per ride! here is the fare breakdown

the city you’re in;

the type of car you’re in;

the base fare;

the amount per minute;

the amount per mile;

and any surge (peak)multiplier that might be in effect.

here's an example of my receipt going to the airport with Lyft, which is similar to Uber - this was when I lived 25 minutes away

Ride 6.8 mi & 15 min: $8.32

Trust & Safety Fee: $1.55

Toll: Pass Thru: $2.00

Edited by aubreyc1988

We prefer the Marriott Beach Place Towers which has timeshare type villas. They include studios, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villas. Locate on top of 3 stories of restaurants and shops directly on the beach and walk able night spots. Also on the first floor is a very large CVS that has wine and anything else you may need. We use a very good shuttle company which is very reasonable every time in that area.

Quick & Safe Transportation 954-234-7856 to the pier and we taxi to/from the airport.

There is also Courtyard by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Beach down the street and Harbour Beach Marriott a little further down ( 5 star ).

All good choices

I would not fly into Miami...way to far. FLL is a short taxi ride