Name on S&S card

Gamecock

Does anyone know if you can have a name other than your legal first name on your S&S card? I have gone by my middle name my entire life, but my S&S card always has my legal first name. In other words, can i request my middle name instead of my first name be on the card?

Does anyone know if you can have a name other than your legal first name on your S&S card? I have gone by my middle name my entire life, but my S&S card always has my legal first name. In other words, can i request my middle name instead of my first name be on the card?

No you cannot unless you do not plan to exit the ship during your cruise. Your sail & Sign card must have the same name as your passport or birth certificate in order to legally exit and enter the boat.

Just let your waitstaff and steward know what name that you want to be called by. They'll understand as many of the Bali stewards do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm a middle-namer too, and travel weekly for business.

It doesn't matter if you go by your middle name, a nick name, or "sir reginald fitzgerald the almighty," the only thing that maters on your travel documents (including S&S card) is your legal first name.

I'm glad this question has been asked, because I've always wondered.

(Although I do get a kick out of being approached by stewards and wait staff referring to me as "Meester Etwad".)

These replies do make sense, so, thanks!;)

You can use a Sharpie and change it.....I'm sure you already know you name is your name, and any legal documents will have it. Your S&S is an ID, which matches your travel documents.

You can use a Sharpie and change it.....I'm sure you already know you name is your name, and any legal documents will have it. Your S&S is an ID, which matches your travel documents.

My passport has my legal name "Carolyn" but my S&S has always read "Carol" which is the name I go by.