things not to miss on Pacific Sun

kaseyoz

Dan, I must say that Kazza's not the only one who got the impression that you were probably way out of it. After reading your many posts I have a feeling it will be your 10y.o. nephew looking after you and his dad. But hey, as long as you have a good time that's all that matters. I can assure you I won't be drinking coke for 11 days. I intend to make my way through the cocktail list and who know how many bottle of wine I'll get through. Forunately for me, my husband doesn't drink so I know there'll always be somebody responsible enough to keep an eye on the kids.

Karen

I dont think you have the right impression of me.

I wonder how I got that impression:rolleyes:

It should be noted that the 2 previous cruises were cruises to nowhere and I went with my brother both times and we drank... alot... and gambled...and drank alot.

please also state whether your a 2 pot screamer, a non drinker, or a confirmed recreational alcoholic...

Kazza:)

Ok now Im worried.

I really want to clear up this (false) impression that is getting around the board!!

Im really not an alcoholic, (honest) and both me and my brother are fine upstanding citizens. We are also reasonably responsible adults.

If i gave anyone the impression that I was anything but a good, hardworking, honest gentleman who ocasionaly enjoys a drink a month, then im sorry but you have been mis-informed.

OK are we all clear.

And for the record we plan on being a lot more responsible this time 'round and i've warned "Nathan" and "Rodney" (my brothers evil twin) they are not invited on this cruise.

So hopefully my nephew wont be taking care of us..

Dan

(Sober i might add)

You crack me up

Ive had a good laugh about yours and your brothers "evil twins" and better go and do something today. I say to myself that I am going to quickly check cruise critic and I end up checking it all day.

Have to go and take my 5yr old and his kindy class to swimming lessons now.

Kazza:)

Dan

I have an office at home and have tried to leave it open all day, but it doesnt seem to update. If I close it and reopen straight away there is new posts???

Will leave it open now and see if or how long it takes to update.

Kazza

Dan

I have an office at home and have tried to leave it open all day, but it doesnt seem to update. If I close it and reopen straight away there is new posts???

Kazza

Hi everybody

Sorry about delay in reply but have been away for the weekend. Have you tried pressing the F5 (refresh)button? That usually works for me. I'm at home all day and just leave the computer on when I'm doing housework & stuff. If I walk past the computer I just press the F5 and it usually updates.

Karen

I am going to try and not miss anything on this cruise. We are so excited. The kids are jumping with joy and will have to try and get through this week of school with some concentration. My husband and myself will need to concentrate also but dont you find the few days before holidays your mind does start to drift a little.

I will definetly have to pack this week..lol.. or else we will have no clothes for the cruise. I think I have everything we need. I have been getting ready for weeks but I will have to write a list I think and mark it of as we pack.

Do you mobile phones work in some range? I have read people taking there mobile chargers etc? Is this ok to do? Otherwise I will leave mine at my nannas in Sydney and get it on the way back.

Is there internet access on board and how much? Not that you would be wanting to use it but some do. I am going for the full 2 weeks of no phones,computers disruptions etx.. Halleluja!

Have a great day!:)

Anissa. Your phone will probably not work. It won't work when out at sea anyway.Lots of people were phoning friends and family at the sailaway and when we entered the heads. You may need phone when you get back to sydney to check on family. It isnt going to take up much room so i would pack it anyway.

Internet is available in the Churchill's lounge, not sure of price. As you say you want to get rid of all that.

They do have a newspaper you can get with world news on it. Not the one where they tell you what is on alll day (thats how we heard of the bali bombing.Strangely we were in america when the last bali bombings were on.

Also dont think anyone has mentioned this before but churchills also have lots of games eg scrabble, pictionary, etc as well as cards and jigsaw puzzles. They also held tournaments and there was a board where you list your requirements EG person required for bridge at 8pm. They also had a ton of books to borrow but i didnt even get a chance to read the books i took!!

Not long now

karon

Hi Anissa,

As Karon said you may want your mobile when you embark so that you can brag to everyone about the fact that you are on the ship! I'm sure after hearing about it for the time leading up they are probably happy that at last you are going. Of course they need to get ready for when you come back and continue to rave about your holiday and start planning the next.

Also it is handy to have the mobile coming back into land so that you can let people know who are picking you up where you are! It is weird however, to hear the mobiles start ringing on that last day after not hearing them for a week or so.

If you have international roam activated on your mobile you may be able to get them to work in Port Vila & Noumea. Although I am not 100% sure why you would do this. The typical charge for an SMS from Vanuatu is about 70 cents. Not sure about call charges or Noumea costs (my sister holidayed in Port Vila and sent us a few messages checking on her kids!).

The thing I really enjoy about cruising is that I am out of contact (except in emergencies then they can ring the satellite phone and get a message through!). My work can’t call me, my family can’t bother me, etc...

The Internet café costs $15 per hour. You buy the access card from the Pursers Desk.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Dan

Kazza

Kazza,

You can leave it open but it wont update. Just hit F5 or click the refresh button in your browser and new posts will appear.

Dan

Hmm, I see Karen beet me to it..

Archived