A few questions...

JMCruising

Hello! It's been a while since my last(and first) cruise so, I have a few questions that I am sure some of you know the answers to.

Going on the Paradise, booking a GS and doing Carnival excursions: Any reason to get FTTF?

If I booked with the 1/2 deposit and $50 OBC ES rate and find a better price, do I have to put the rest of deposit down? Do I lose the OBC?

I know the Paradise doesn't have the alchemy bar, but I saw somewhere that a bar onboard had the martini tasting for $21, where you get to taste a few different ones. Is this true?

On our first cruise on the Ecstasy, we had ATD and never had to ask for a table for 2, we just got it. I am seeing a lot of concern about that now. Can you request a table for 2 if you are ATD?

Thanks in advance. I'm a planner, so getting all this information before hand is one of the parts I enjoy.

Based on my limited experience (I hope others will verify)

1) I have yet to see any advantage to FTTF, though some ppl swear by it.

2)you will lose OBC and I'm pretty sure your account will show the remaining deposit change to DUE status. This happened to me, so I paid the deposit balance even though I was asked or harassed.

3) martini tasting? - sorry don't know

4) Any time dining. we always do ATD and always ask for table for 2. Have been accommodated.

I am like OBER134- I don't really see an advantage to FTTF. Being able to access our cabin upon boarding would be nice & having our luggage sooner would be good too- I just don't feel they are worth the extra $50. But if you want to board earlier, access your cabin, & get your checked luggage a wee bit quicker, by all means book the FTTF.

We usually book ATD & are accommodated by our request for a 2 top. You might have to wait a bit longer for a 2 top, but heck I'm on a cruise.

I've never sailed your ship, & not sure about your other questions

if you have a grand suite, there is no reason to get FTTF. the perks of a suite are what those who paid for FTTF get. the GS guests can board earlier than those with FTTF. both have a priority line at the guest services desk. both have early tendering, if applicable.

I have also booked cruises under one promo that included OBC, but when a price drop occurred or another promo was out, I had to pay the current deposit. if that new promo didn't include OBC, I chanced losing it. I would only change if the savings was significantly greater than the OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello! It's been a while since my last(and first) cruise so, I have a few questions that I am sure some of you know the answers to.

Going on the Paradise, booking a GS and doing Carnival excursions: Any reason to get FTTF?

If I booked with the 1/2 deposit and $50 OBC ES rate and find a better price, do I have to put the rest of deposit down? Do I lose the OBC?

I know the Paradise doesn't have the alchemy bar, but I saw somewhere that a bar onboard had the martini tasting for $21, where you get to taste a few different ones. Is this true?

On our first cruise on the Ecstasy, we had ATD and never had to ask for a table for 2, we just got it. I am seeing a lot of concern about that now. Can you request a table for 2 if you are ATD?

Thanks in advance. I'm a planner, so getting all this information before hand is one of the parts I enjoy.

Carnival shows the Martini Tasting available on Paradise (click on the "which ships is this on.")

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/master-the-martini

if you have a grand suite, there is no reason to get FTTF. the perks of a suite are what those who paid for FTTF get. the GS guests can board earlier than those with FTTF. both have a priority line at the guest services desk. both have early tendering, if applicable.

I have also booked cruises under one promo that included OBC, but when a price drop occurred or another promo was out, I had to pay the current deposit. if that new promo didn't include OBC, I chanced losing it. I would only change if the savings was significantly greater than the OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Suite guests do not have their rooms available upon boarding nor the Priority line at Guest Services.

Carnival shows the Martini Tasting available on Paradise (click on the "which ships is this on.")

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/master-the-martini

I can vouch for this. Did it on the last time I was on the Paradise, this year.

Was interesting, split it with my wife cause we did not want to drink quite that much when we did it.

Going on the Paradise, booking a GS and doing Carnival excursions: Any reason to get FTTF? No reason at all, I booked the suite on the paradise and was boarded right after Platinum.

If I booked with the 1/2 deposit and $50 OBC ES rate and find a better price, do I have to put the rest of deposit down? Do I lose the OBC? Yes, if you change rate, you will have to pay the other half of the deposit immediately, Sadly I have run into two Carnival booking agents who did not realize this. I am not sure about the OBC.

I know the Paradise doesn't have the alchemy bar, but I saw somewhere that a bar onboard had the martini tasting for $21, where you get to taste a few different ones. Is this true? I do not remember anything like that.

On our first cruise on the Ecstasy, we had ATD and never had to ask for a table for 2, we just got it. I am seeing a lot of concern about that now. Can you request a table for 2 if you are ATD? Yes, you can request one.

I just asked my PVP about this last night. If the current price drop is not during a reduced deposit sale, then yes, you would have to pay the rest of the full deposit first. If it is during a reduced deposit, then you won't have to pay more deposit. As for OBC, it is my understanding that unless the current price/sale includes OBC, you would lose it.