First Time On Carnival...

Tminish

Good morning everyone.

This is my first time on Carnival and I have a question. My family & I decided to go with "Anytime Dining"...Which from what I understand you're able to eat anytime. (Please correct me if I'm wrong...I'm still learning here)

My question is...Even though we have this anytime dining, will we still be seated with other people at a table, or will we be able to sit with just ourselves?

Your reply is greatly appreciated. I hope you all have a blessed day!

As you wish. Each night when you go to the MDR (main dining room), you can request a table for just your group, or to be seated with others. In my experience, the majority of people on Anytime Dining choose to dine at their own table - dining with others depends on the availability of others also wanting to share a table.

Edited by BarcoUK

Good morning everyone.

This is my first time on Carnival and I have a question. My family & I decided to go with "Anytime Dining"...Which from what I understand you're able to eat anytime. (Please correct me if I'm wrong...I'm still learning here)

My question is...Even though we have this anytime dining, will we still be seated with other people at a table, or will we be able to sit with just ourselves?

When you arrive at the main dining room (which dining room shows on your sail and sign card), you will be at the hostess stand. The hostess will ask for your cabin number and look you up in her computer. At that time, you can tell the hostess whether you prefer a table just for your family, or whether you want to be seated at a large table with others. The dining room is pretty crowded, so you won't have any privacy either way.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/your-choice-dining

My husband and I had Your Time Dining (which is what Carnival calls it) on our cruise recently, and we easily got a table for two every night. Just realize that even the tables for two are an inch or so away from the next table, so you don't really feel like you are sitting alone. We didn't mind, though, as we like meeting new people on cruises, and enjoy the conversations that ensue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

Hello. My husband and I are taking our very first cruise in September. Two of our friends are going as well but they have separate rooms, different floor, but same dining time (late dining). We will all be able to sit together during dining or will we be split up?

Hello. My husband and I are taking our very first cruise in September. Two of our friends are going as well but they have separate rooms, different floor, but same dining time (late dining). We will all be able to sit together during dining or will we be split up?

Congrats on booking your first cruise! You should be able to have both your booking number and your friends' booking number linked by someone at Carnival so that you will be assigned the same table. I suggest giving Carnival a call and ask them to link the bookings for you.

Enjoy your first cruise!!

As others have posted, the hostess will ask what you prefer- a table for just your party or do you wish to join others. We usually just say: 1st available. We like joining others to meet new people, but also like to dine just as the 2 of us. A lot depends on how crowded the dining room is. If no tables are available, you will be given a beeper. Just like on land, the beeper alerts you when your table is ready. We just have a seat in a nearby lounge or take a walk until our beeper goes off.

Good morning everyone.

Just tell them what you would like.

Anytime dining is very much akin to dining at Red Lobster or Olive Garden. You arrive; tell them the number in your party; get an electronic gadget to advise when your table is ready, and then wait for your number to be called.

Good morning everyone.

With "Your Time Dining" you can go any time between 5:45 and 9:30.