I can not access my Hal cruise details

Hflors

I can get into the first page od our cruise and see the prices for the cabins, but as soon as I hit the continue button the next page comes up saying there is an error. This has been going on for several days.

Anyone else having these problems?

Thanks for any ideas anyone may have.

I had that same problem for almost 2 weeks. Finally had to call the tecky that built my computer. Turned out to be an update of the AVG was causing the problem by not updating correctly. He fixed the problem quite easily but I can never figure out what he is doing.

I can get into the first page od our cruise and see the prices for the cabins, but as soon as I hit the continue button the next page comes up saying there is an error. This has been going on for several days.

Anyone else having these problems?

Thanks for any ideas anyone may have.

I'm not having any problems getting into my HAL account and seeing my info. I have had that same issue with the Cruise Critic message boards!

I'm going to venture to guess it's your computer. Have you tried cleaning your history/cache and cookies? That always seems to do it for me.

You might also try using a different browser like IE, Chrome, Firefox.

If you have access to another computer, tablet or smart phone you might try using that to open your account and see if it works there for you.

Utahtea

I have been working with the most wonderful HAL techs on the same problem. they spent so much time with me, it was awesome. it ended up that i am now using Chrome and everything works fine on Chrome. It ended up being a problem with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10.

...Or our computers. My IT guy could never get the HAL site to work properly using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. In fact, I read yesterday in a tech mag that Microsoft acknowledges the problems with Edge. I have no problems with Chrome.

Thanks everyone.

I deleted all my browsing history and cookies. Now it works like a charm.

Wish I knew more about changing from IE to Chrome/Firefox.

I guess I want my computer to work like a toaster. Plug it in. push the button and Wa-Lah, It works!

Thanks everyone.

I guess I want my computer to work like a toaster. Plug it in. push the button and Wa-Lah, It works!

Installing Chrome is pretty straightforward. I have provided the instructions if you feel like doing it.

To install Chrome:

Go here and click the link: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

1. Download the Chrome installation file.

2. When prompted, click Run.

3. Start Chrome:

Windows 7: A Chrome window opens once everything is set up.

Windows 8 and 8.1: A welcome dialog appears, click Next to select your default browser.

Windows 10: A Chrome window opens once everything is set up. You can then make Chrome your default browser.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks everyone.

Glad that worked!

To others, thank you for the warning about Microsoft edge not working with HAL. I'll have to remember to use Chrome when on DH's computer!

Utahtea