Ovation cabin query

Gidday.

Wanting to know if anyone has stayed in or have pictures of the DO class cabins 7110, 7112 or 7114 or the same cabins on the other side 7510, 7512 & 7514 on any of the Quantam Class ships?

Really wondering how big the 'lip' of the structure is that juts out from the balcony floor, does it hamper the sea view?

Also, has anyone opened up the connecting balconies for these sets of cabins?

Thanking you in anticipation

TraceyG:)

Gidday.

Wanting to know if anyone has stayed in or have pictures of the DO class cabins 7110, 7112 or 7114 or the same cabins on the other side 7510, 7512 & 7514 on any of the Quantam Class ships?

Really wondering how big the 'lip' of the structure is that juts out from the balcony floor, does it hamper the sea view?

Also, has anyone opened up the connecting balconies for these sets of cabins?

Thanking you in anticipation

Tracey, the dividers can be opened. The Master of the Vessel must give permission, so you ask your cabin steward. The answer is usually "yes."

Those cabins are obstructed because instead of having just a balcony front wall, the wall has "only" a cut-out circle. You lose the part of the view that WOULD HAVE BEEN the large rectangle, the size of the whole balcony.

That having been said, it's still a very good view. I didn't have the cabin, but we did a cabin crawl and I visited it.

I would choose one of those cabins in a heartbeat.

(although to be honest, I prefer to be more mid-ship. But you take your chances on a Deck 6 DO, because some of them are much more obstructed than others. With the forward Deck 7 DO cabins, you know exactly what you are getting.)

We already made the booking and are very happy with the cabin porthole style balcony.

Have cruised the Tassie (Tasman Sea) a number of times and the extra cover will enable greater than usual balcony usage, the wind can get a bit excessive.

Really trying to get an indication of the view looking down.

In some aerial photos the lip looks tiny, yet in others it looks over 2 feet wide.

Thanks again for your prompt reply and for the photo.

Additional query, any of your kids hit the 20+ mark?

DS will be 20 when we sail and he enjoyed the teen programs but is concerned he wont make connections like he usually does.

Are there meet and greets for this age range?

We already made the booking and are very happy with the cabin porthole style balcony.

Have cruised the Tassie (Tasman Sea) a number of times and the extra cover will enable greater than usual balcony usage, the wind can get a bit excessive.

Really trying to get an indication of the view looking down.

In some aerial photos the lip looks tiny, yet in others it looks over 2 feet wide.

Thanks again for your prompt reply and for the photo.

Additional query, any of your kids hit the 20+ mark?

DS will be 20 when we sail and he enjoyed the teen programs but is concerned he wont make connections like he usually does.

Are there meet and greets for this age range?

When my kids were teens (they are both married now. HALLELUJAH! ;) :D), they liked the teen club for MEETING other kids, not so much for the activities.

It IS harder for that 18+ to -21 group, but there are things listed in the Cruise Compasses for them.

Here are "22 days of Anthem Compasses":

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324095

It will give you some idea of what to expect on Ovation, I would think.

P.S. I will be in Auckland on April 1, 2017. Any tips or hints about weather or anything else? :)

Gidday Merion Mom :)

Ohh, Tips for Auckland, golly...

The weather can start out one thing and transform into the complete opposite.

Layers is your best bet.

Flick me an email dandtgeddes@xtra.co.nz and let me know what your plans are for Auckland and I can fill you in ;-)

Anyone else out there got any info on the Ovation porthole balconies, would be helpful.

Thanking you in anticipation :-D

TraceyG