Harmony Chefs Table

They have! It is not bookable any-more...

Only have not cancelled all the purchased reservations yet....

You're right. They have. They also added 150 CP with Royal Wine Pairing. I guess that's their response to missing Chef's Table.

They have! It is not bookable any-more...

Only have not cancelled all the purchased reservations yet....

Worse yet, they are still officially saying it's on! Here is a portion of the email I finally received from Customer Service two days ago:

"Our records show that you are booked for Chef’s Table on October 11, 2016 at 8:30 pm. No notifications of cancellation have been issued on this sailing for this dining venue but this information is subject to change. The latest updates on your booking regarding your Cruise Planner reservations will be emailed to you in the event that a dining reservation has to be rescheduled or cancelled. We apologize for any confusion caused by the Cruise Planner section of our website."

I certainly see the clause, "...but this information is subject to change." Should I cancel and book something else, but what if Chef's Table is really on after all? Should I double book (would I even be able to?) I so like to believe in things like scheduled events - PAID FOR scheduled events.

@Shaken_Bake, if you have a special occasion planned for Chef's Table on the Harmony, I would book somewhere else or risk being disappointed having to eat at the MDR or worst, Windjammer!

It has been confirmed twice that there is no room to host Chef's Table on the Harmony (by ship's staff members).

I would rather enjoy a nice meal at Wonderland or Chops Grill or 150 Central Park, than worry about whether my special dinner will be cancelled or not. Not worth the worries while you are enjoying a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called RC today and chatted with a helpful young woman. I asked her if she had any updated info on whether Chef's Table was a go or not. She asked why I would think that and I explained what I've been reading on this thread; she said, "Oh, you know that anyone can write anything on there." I then asked her to check out the fact that Chef's Table was no longer bookable on line. She put me on hold for a moment and came back saying, "hmmm, that's concerning." I then asked to cancel Chef's Table and reserve 150 Central Park with wine pairing, which she agreed was the next best offering. She promised to email "management" with my concerns.

So it's all good. I'm sure my birthday celebration will be just fine and I'm glad I got wind of this issue in plenty of time to resolve it. I guess I just have to get in more practice being a cranky old lady!

I'm the OP and will elect to keep my reservation in place. I've already pre booked 150 Central Park and Wonderland on other nights. If Chefs Table does indeed get cancelled, I will use the OBC to book Chops that night. I'm hopeful that they remedy the logistical issues upon reassignment to Ft Lauderdale.

First world problems. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chef's Table is one of the dinning options we really enjoy and it is a shame if they do indeed cancel it on the transatlantic cruise.

It's not really cancelled if it never really existed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

True, then the statement should have been, it is disappointing that they decided not to include the Chef's Table on this ship like their other ships.

And yet took prepaid reservations as if it were going to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we first tried Chef's Table on the Allure, it was the best meal we've ever had (up to that time) on Royal. One of the Chefs was actually at the table the whole dinner explaining the food and the wine pairing. Then we were given signed cookbook at the end.

We missed it on Harmony, but we will book again on the Oasis for our Thanksgiving cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

We were on the Harmony TA. We had booked Chef's Table well in advance. Then we received a call saying it was canceled. We heard that they had no place to hold it. Once on board, I received a call in the cabin saying they had found a place to hold it and asked if we were still interested. I went with my two sisters and we had a wonderful time.

It was held in the Solarium Bistro. There were curtains pulled so that we had a completely private area. The food was excellent. The chef came out before each course to describe it. The wine guy (don't know if he was a sommelier) described all the wines. We started with champagne before dinner. There were 6 courses. We had a different wine with each of the first 5 courses. The main course was filet accompanied by Caymus which was very good. Dessert came with a sweet martini. They were very generous with the wines. My sisters and I were lingering at the end while we finished our Caymus and the wine guy brought us each another glass of it. He brought it in the ordinary bar wine glasses which we took as a hint that he would like us to leave so he could clean up. So we went out into the Solarium to enjoy it.

I am not much for spending money in the specialty restaurants. I think they are all over priced. But the Chef's Table, at $95, was worth every penny.