Has Anyone Been On The Paradise ???

AZCAMM

Hello: We are looking into taking the 4-day trip to Baja on the Paradise. I had read several reviews of this boat on another site and almost all reviews were terrible. The most recent review was in Sept.'05. They all complained that the food was really terrible, the room stewards were not very good or friendly. They also mentioned that the bed sheets appeared stained w/urine and looked dirty and their rooms were not kept clean.

We are interested in taking a group of senior citizens from our church on this trip but hesitate to book because of the bad reviews. I've just come back from a 7-day cruise on the Pride (which is wonderful) and I wonder if the Paradise is a step or two down. Can anyone give their opinions. I would

appreciate any feedback, good and bad. Thanks, from AZCAMM ;)

We were on the Paradise in '03 when it was a smoke free ship in the Caribbean...so nothing current...

It was great then! Very clean. No problems with the i.e. bedding.

We had a wonderful experience in the dining room with many of the waitstaff - waitstaff from neighboring tables we even had a lot of fun with. Our room steward was quiet, but very attentive. The kids were on that cruise with us and he always had something a little special for the kids!

The Piano Bar - we spent a lot of time in there - was GREAT!!!! Tons of fun! There were a couple of crabby bar tenders in the lobby area of the ship. One bathroom in the back by the pool wasn't very clean, but it wasn't a daily problem. Nothing horrible sticks out though.

The Cruise Director was fabulous!!

We thought the food was great - no one ever went hungry, that's for sure!

I know that this was a long time ago and the crew has probably changed a number of times since then...

But we thought it was good then! Hope you're able to make a decision!!

(Remember complaining is a LOT easier to do than compliment, it seems!)

We did the 4 day Baja cruise last week on the Paradise and had a great time, I would certainly recommend it.

We thought the food was great(much better than on the Caribbean Princess which we did in April). There were some lines in the buffet and the staff in there were very slow to clear tables,but even here the food itself was good.

Our restaurant waiters were fantastic, as good as any we have had on previous cruises.

We had a cat 12 suite and it was kept very nice by our steward. We didn't see too much of him but he always said hello and was helpful with any requests.

As for the ship being dirty, I didn't see any sign of it. Of course this is an older ship and is slightly worn in places but nothing serious. Anyway it is going into drydock in 4 weeks time and I'm sure will be spruced up a bit.

We enjoyed this trip just as much as our previous 4 cruises. Go ahead and book it!

Julie

We ( me, dd 17, ds 11) did the 3 day Paradise over Labor Day weekend. We had an oceanview on the Riviera Deck. We have never booked that low before but wanted a cheap getaway. This was our 4th Carnival cruise. We had a great time. Kids liked it better than some of our longer ones. The cabin & steward were great, as were the dining room & food. There wasn't as much Lido deck entertainment and there was a tad more of a party atmosphere than on past cruises. The late night comedians were excellent.

I would not ever say the Paradise was a "step down". We did the 4 day from LA when it was the Ecstasy, I liked the Paradise as a ship better.

We've got a group of 8 leaving for the short weekend trip in two days... we will let you know... for the money, it can't be that bad. Our experience in the past is that these short weekend cruises turn out to be a party boat or as one called it a real booze cruise, but hey... the food, entertainment, etc.. should be good. It ain't a Queen Mary world cruise but I think we booked the cheapest rooms for under $300 per person.. what a country! Brian

Oh, did I mention, we are just 2 days from leaving? This is always a fun time when you start counting hours instead of days or weeks:)

You probably read my review on here, i went on paradise in May 05, and i'm going again in a week! I really had no problems last time, things were clean, the outside tables for eating on were constantly clean by thier staff... So you see, I'm going again, and you should go to! :D

We also have sailed on the Paradise and it was wonderful. I learned a long time ago not to pay too much attention to "terrible reviews" of ships or hotels. I spent more time working myself into a frenzy about how horrible it was going to be, only to find out everything was wonderful. The ship is great

We were on the Paradise in '03 when it was a smoke free ship in the Caribbean...so nothing current...

It was great then! Very clean. No problems with the i.e. bedding.

We had a wonderful experience in the dining room with many of the waitstaff - waitstaff from neighboring tables we even had a lot of fun with. Our room steward was quiet, but very attentive. The kids were on that cruise with us and he always had something a little special for the kids!

The Piano Bar - we spent a lot of time in there - was GREAT!!!! Tons of fun! There were a couple of crabby bar tenders in the lobby area of the ship. One bathroom in the back by the pool wasn't very clean, but it wasn't a daily problem. Nothing horrible sticks out though.

The Cruise Director was fabulous!!

We thought the food was great - no one ever went hungry, that's for sure!

I know that this was a long time ago and the crew has probably changed a number of times since then...

But we thought it was good then! Hope you're able to make a decision!!

(Remember complaining is a LOT easier to do than compliment, it seems!)

I second that.. I was on her when she was Smoke free also in the Carribbean, 10 days of lots of quailty service and fun.

Azcamm,

We just got off Paradise 10-28-05, 4 day cruise and we had a Cat 4D inside cabin, on the empress deck.

All in all we had a great cruise. This was our first. We didn't have as good of luck in the dining room, it appears that the Elation dining room may have been serving up better quality food than the Destiny dining room was. We were in Destiny, that didn't spoil our cruise though, the buffet was good so was the deli and the Pizza on the Lido Deck.

Eating breakfast every morning on deck was the best.

We love the shows as well, we thought very well done. But then again this was our first cruise, others said they had seen better but they were excellent.

I thought the ship was in great shape and was very nice. The beds were soooooo comfortable with the new sheets and comforters. I never slept so well!

I would definately book that ship again in a second. Great staff, especially the dining room and the social hosts Julie and Andrew were great!

You can't go wrong with the 4 day Paradise cruise!:D

in the summer of 2004. We had a great time. At that time, the ship was the cleanest of all the Carnival ships we had been on. The food and service were both excellent. She was our favorite ship until we sailed on the Spirit. (but that's only because for our Alaskan Spirit cruise we got a balcony)

I am sure you will have a wonderful time. The only bad cruise is the one I am not on.

We were on the Paradise for Thanksgiving 2003 and found nothing "wrong" -- I'm sure I did a review (look for my screen name). You can also click on the links below for pictures.

Like some of the others said - take the bad reviews with a grain (or two) of salt. What bothers one may not bother another, etc.

Go and make your own experiences. HAVE FUN.

I was on the Paradise a few weeks ago. I thought it was very clean, had great entertainment, attentive staff, the food was wonderful, and it was as nice as any Carnival ship I've been on; no complaints whatsoever.:)

Archived