Epic Check in

bess128

Hi all,

We are sailing on the Epic on the 23rd October, we are flying in the day before.

As we have been to Barcelona on a couple of occasions we just want to board as early as possible.

When does check in open ?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

I'm going before you (Aug. 28) and my papers state that boarding officially starts at noon.

When I was on that same cruise last year, I was there at 9:30 and was able to get inside the terminal in the first waiting area at that time. I think I was able to check in before 10:30 before heading to the second waiting area. Boarding started around 11:30.

When I was on that same cruise last year, I was there at 9:30 and was able to get inside the terminal in the first waiting area at that time. I think I was able to check in before 10:30 before heading to the second waiting area. Boarding started around 11:30.

I'm on the Barcelona/West Med cruise on 2nd October.

Interested (concerned?) about the length of time for check in - and you mentioned 'first waiting area' and 'second waiting area'

I am taking my mother on the cruise, she's 80 and cannot stand for a long time...there seems to be a lot of 'waiting'! Are there long queues or do you get called in turn? Seating areas?

We should be arriving at terminal around 12 mid-day.

Sorry if the questions seem simplistic. Any information on the procedures, or hints and tips for the embarkation process would be welcome.

Many thanks for your help.

Edited by MarkCheshire

Hi

We are boarding the EPIC next Sunday in Barca and have been advised to get boarding about 12.30/1PM

A friend said it would be worthwhile taking swimming stuff so you can use the pool facilities before your luggage gets delivered.

I board the Epic in Barcelona on Oct 30th. Never been in Europe or on the Epic so I would like to know also. Too early for our boarding paperwork. I was just guessing that it would be like any other cruise and you could get in around 10:30 am.

I'm on the Barcelona/West Med cruise on 2nd October.

Interested (concerned?) about the length of time for check in - and you mentioned 'first waiting area' and 'second waiting area'

I am taking my mother on the cruise, she's 80 and cannot stand for a long time...there seems to be a lot of 'waiting'! Are there long queues or do you get called in turn? Seating areas?

We should be arriving at terminal around 12 mid-day.

Sorry if the questions seem simplistic. Any information on the procedures, or hints and tips for the embarkation process would be welcome.

Many thanks for your help.

I suggest you go a little later than that. I was on the Epic in March and arrived at the port at about 2:00 p.m. There were no lines and I walked right up to the desk, checked in, and walked onto the ship.

I'm going before you (Aug. 28) and my papers state that boarding officially starts at noon.

Don't they always say noon? My papers said boarding starts at noon for my Jade cruise, my Epic cruise, and I just downloaded my edocs for my cruise in Sept and they also say boarding starts at noon.

Was on the Epic in July, also embarked in Barcelona on a Sunday. We arrived in the terminal around 1pm, we were on board by 2pm. The lines were very very long, and there were multiple check-ins. I suppose it also depends on whether the ship is sailing at full capacity or not.

The last two hours of check-in are quiet, but from opening to 2ish it is busy.

You will have security, check in, then a waiting/boarding group area. If you are later the boarding will be straight after check-in.

We have been twice with the Epic and once on the Spirit with NCL from Barcelona, and even when it has been busy the lines move fast. However, I would always say go later (or if you arrive early dump your suitcases and then get the bus to town, and go back later to check-in). Checking in as soon as it opened (before the masses arrived) also worked well for us as it meant we had more time to chill out in Barcelona and didn't have to worry about getting back to check-in.

Thank your for all your help.

Just need to decide to go early or dump bags have a walk round and come back at 2pm.

Board early, enjoy lunch, watch all the resupplying, no lines at the water slides, explore the ship..

Do you have own transportation or transfers? Otherwise the Port bus is really easy once you are at the end of the Ramblas (i.e. by metro or strolling down from Pl. de Catalunya).