Where to purchase Cava?

We will be in Barcelona prior to cruising and have a 10:30 a.m. flight with United Airlines for our return.

Question...

Should we purchase a bottle of Cava in Barcelona before we board? or will there be an airport retailer open early enough for us to purchase AFTER we go through security?

Thanks

The Duty Free shop both after security and again after passport control for non-Schengen flights will open at 06:30.

They will stock a limited variety of Cava and even thought there is no tax, prices will be somewhat over what you could purchase in the city.

Many cruise lines will return bottles to passengers prior to disembarkation, some even the evening prior.

The Duty Free shop both after security and again after passport control for non-Schengen flights will open at 06:30.

They will stock a limited variety of Cava and even thought there is no tax, prices will be somewhat over what you could purchase in the city.

Many cruise lines will return bottles to passengers prior to disembarkation, some even the evening prior.

Thank you. My preference is to carry it on if possible vs. having to secure in my suitcase.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. My preference is to carry it on if possible vs. having to secure in my suitcase.

Fun! Love Cava! Are you carrying on the flight? Just curious if liquids are allowed on International flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your cruise is stopping in any other Spanish port you will be able to buy it in any supermarket.

As already stated, you can get it in Barcelona airport. Yes, it will probably be slightly more expensive than in a supermarket, but not much, as it's cheap anyway.

Lynzchat

You can take liquids on international flights providing they are either in your checked in luggage or less than 100ml in hand luggage. You are also allowed to take on liquids bought in the departure lounge once you have gone through security.

The rules are as stated previously, so if you buy the cava prior to arriving at the airport, you will have to pack it in your suitcase. Most cruise ships will take the Cava off you as you embark, (at whichever port you take it onto the ship), and return before the end of the cruise.

Overall, we would prefer to buy in the duty free as there is no chance of breakage in your suitcase and it would not then count against luggage weight allowance either.