Conquest -Drop carryon in room before 1:30?

erber

We are new to Carnival. We will only be bringing carry on bags for a short cruise this coming weekend.

If we get to the port and end up boarding prior to the time rooms are "ready", are we allowed to drop our carry on bags in our room and then go to lunch? We do not have Faster to the Fun. Just wondering if it is possible. If not, we will just carry our bags with us to lunch, but if it is possible, it would be nice to drop them off.

Sadly no, the hallways are closed off. It's not too big of a deal though to carry your bags around, I like to eat some food at a comfy spot with a nice view until the rooms are ready.

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

We are new to Carnival. We will only be bringing carry on bags for a short cruise this coming weekend.

If we get to the port and end up boarding prior to the time rooms are "ready", are we allowed to drop our carry on bags in our room and then go to lunch? We do not have Faster to the Fun. Just wondering if it is possible. If not, we will just carry our bags with us to lunch, but if it is possible, it would be nice to drop them off.

No, you are not allowed to go to cabin before the designated time.

However, some people claim they always have gone to the cabin anyway. That's rude cuz the stewards are so busy getting all the cabins ready and it disrupts their work. Of course, they'll say it's OK cuz they don't want to offend paying customers.

Please wait till it's time.

Sadly no, the hallways are closed off. It's not too big of a deal though to carry your bags around, I like to eat some food at a comfy spot with a nice view until the rooms are ready.

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

The hallways are open for those with FTTF (either purchased or due to status).

So, most likely you will be able to drop your bag in an unmade up room that will be open to others passing by.

We have cruised mostly on Princess and the rooms are almost always ready upon boarding.

Thanks for the quick replies. We are excited to try Carnival and will plan on carrying our bags around until the rooms open up.

Thank you!

The hallways are open for those with FTTF (either purchased or due to status).

So, most likely you will be able to drop your bag in an unmade up room that will be open to others passing by.

You are not allowed to do that. I feel it's rude to the staff as well as slows the process down. If you aren't priority or have Fttf please don't disregard rules and signs and wait till the hallways are open to the general population

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP - I know you have already decided to carry your bags with you...

However, just to add onto what others have said. The stewards are still working in the rooms/hallways, so it does slow them down if extra crowds are in the hallways. In addition, the only rooms 'ready' at the beginning is FTTF, P, D. Therefore, the other rooms are generally still in the process of being made-up - so luggage would be in the way. As well, since they are working in the rooms, the doors are ALL propped open, meaning any luggage left in an un-made room would not be secure. Just a few extra thoughts!

We have cruised mostly on Princess and the rooms are almost always ready upon boarding.

Thanks for the quick replies. We are excited to try Carnival and will plan on carrying our bags around until the rooms open up.

Thank you!

And thank you for obeying the rules! Enjoy your cruise.

So it appears that if you are diamond or FTTF, then you would not be ignoring any rules if you did go on in and put your stuff in your room. Good to know.

I am curious, we upgraded to a suite giving us priority check-in, so our PVP canceled our FTTF. Does this mean they are one in the same?

So it appears that if you are diamond or FTTF, then you would not be ignoring any rules if you did go on in and put your stuff in your room. Good to know.

I am curious, we upgraded to a suite giving us priority check-in, so our PVP canceled our FTTF. Does this mean they are one in the same?

No. You should have kept your FTTF. Your cabin will not be ready upon boarding so you won't be able to drop your things off. You will also not have the Priority Guest Services Line, nor the Priority tendering. Here's what FTTF offers. The Suite benefits that are shared are mentioned as well. If it doesn't say Suites, you don't get it.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Edited by firemanbobswife

No. You should have kept your FTTF. Your cabin will not be ready upon boarding so you won't be able to drop your things off. You will also not have the Priority Guest Services Line, nor the Priority tendering.

Bummer. When she called she told me the the price of the upsale from Balcony to Suite. She said, but really it's only $____ much more, because you wouldn't need FTTF anymore.

We won't have many bags, anyway, so it's not a big deal I suppose. But, yeah, bummer she didn't tell us the true differences between the two.

Bummer. When she called she told me the the price of the upsale from Balcony to Suite. She said, but really it's only $____ much more, because you wouldn't need FTTF anymore.

We won't have many bags, anyway, so it's not a big deal I suppose. But, yeah, bummer she didn't tell us the true differences between the two.

Did you talk to a PVP or an Upsell Fairy?

Did you talk to a PVP or an Upsell Fairy?

Might have been a fairy. I usually go through outside TAs so I may be using the terminologies interchangeably when they aren't.

I did some further searching on here and, yeah, you're absolutely right. Looks like the only suite perk is priority boarding. We have an early boarding time, so we may be carrying our things for a while. That's okay.

It also appears that we are three weeks shy of getting the laundry and bottle of water.

Edited to add-- We had a suite last year on the Freedom, and I could have sworn we had a large water and one laundry service, but I guess I am wrong on that.

Edited by AmberMarie

Might have been a fairy. I usually go through outside TAs so I may be using the terminologies interchangeably when they aren't.

I did some further searching on here and, yeah, you're absolutely right. Looks like the only suite perk is priority boarding. We have an early boarding time, so we may be carrying our things for a while. That's okay.

It also appears that we are three weeks shy of getting the laundry and bottle of water.

Edited to add-- We had a suite last year on the Freedom, and I could have sworn we had a large water and one laundry service, but I guess I am wrong on that.

Yeah if you got a call and it wasn't from the person you booked with then it was the Upsell Fairy. They say just about anything to get people to bite because they have a quota to fill. I'm guessing you booked direct as in no TA this time because otherwise Carnival cannot and will not contact you. It might not be too late to go back and get FTTF if it's still there and the perks are important to you. If not, enjoy your suite!

If you are a Past Guest you will get the free bottle of water no matter which cabin you are in.

Yeah if you got a call and it wasn't from the person you booked with then it was the Upsell Fairy. They say just about anything to get people to bite because they have a quota to fill. I'm guessing you booked direct as in no TA this time because otherwise Carnival cannot and will not contact you. It might not be too late to go back and get FTTF if it's still there and the perks are important to you. If not, enjoy your suite!

If you are a Past Guest you will get the free bottle of water no matter which cabin you are in.

Thank you for the insight. My husband couldn't help but bite, even though I had warned him what I read about people thinking offers are great deals when they really aren't. It's okay, though-- hey, I'm in a suite.

It's not super important to me, I think getting on the ship past the long line was the reason we got FTTF to begin with. :)

Now you know for next time. Oh and tell hubby to leave the bargaining to you [emoji6]. Enjoy your suite and the cruise!!

So true. He was the one who actually called back to say no to the upgrade to the smallest suite from our already nice balcony (we had the L shape). 10 minutes later he gets off the phone and says, sooo I got a grande suite. ???? Sigh.

So true. He was the one who actually called back to say no to the upgrade to the smallest suite from our already nice balcony (we had the L shape). 10 minutes later he gets off the phone and says, sooo I got a grande suite. ???? Sigh.

You had an L shaped balcony?! [emoji15]