Is it difficult to avoid seafood in Teppanyaki due to allergy ?

FM

If a person is allergic to shell-fish, then it would be pretty impossible to dine at Teppanyaki correct? Thanks
No, it would not be impossible, it would be easy. Just tell them about your allergy and they will probably cook your food first, so there is no cross contamination.

My wife an i are going to skip this venue on our upcoming cruise in September due to me being allergic to shell fish. The problem with them cooking your meal first is that you are finished your meal before the rest of your party. We celebrated a birthday for one of my sisters a few years back at a similar restaurant and they cooked my meal at a separate station in the back. I was finished my meal prior to the cook starting for the rest of the party. It was quite boring to sit and watch them enjoy the different courses.

It's not impossible...but it's certainly not the "whole experience"! They don't combine the different meats/seafoods, but they are all cooked on the same surface.....yes, they will cook your meats 1st...before they do the other meals, just to make sure no seafood is on your food.

They actually have 2 options.

1st is they cook your food first. This only happens at the first seating of the day (5:30). Otherwise they don't have time to do an allergy-level sanitize of the hotplate.

2nd option is they cook your food on a fully sanitized allergen-free cooktop, in the galley. This is the safest if the allergy is really severe.

We go to Teppanyaki on almost every trip, and I'm allergic to shellfish.

Stephen

If a person is allergic to shell-fish, then it would be pretty impossible to dine at Teppanyaki correct? Thanks

Absolutely NOT! Talk to the staff at NCL and at the restaurant. Let everyone know. Tell the Maitre De, the servers and the cook. You will be accommodated. Communication is the key. I similarly avoid any and all fish. Not a problem.

I'm allergic to shellfish, dairy, gluten, and nightshades, yet I've eaten at the Teppanyaki restaurant numerous times without incident. They cook my meal in the back and bring it out in time for everyone's main course. Don't let your allergy keep you from enjoying this experience.

Just had Teppanyaki on Dawn last week and our chef cooked the seafood entrees last. Not sure if it was purely logistical (they take the least time to cook) or out of consideration for allergies but I'm sure if you asked it wouldn't be a problem, as long as you're not sensitive to the point that even the cooking fumes bother you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Twice we've had people with shellfish allergies at our table. No, they don't get their food before everyone else. They simply get it before those who ordered shellfish. In our case, that was 2 out of 9 people. They had about a 2 minute head start on their meal. Big deal. The rice and veggies are served first anyway, so everyone was dining together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

2nd option is they cook your food on a fully sanitized allergen-free cooktop, in the galley. This is the safest if the allergy is really severe.

They did this with my dad's celliac allergy. His food came out just as ours was being plated.