Jewel Upsell

AK Dreaming

Perks include.

Priority embarkation and disembark

Breakfast and lunch at a nice sit down restaurant.

Butler service.

Concierge to help with all your on ship planning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it does not include the free at Sea promotions that are given with the Haven when booked at full price.

We were offered an up sell to a penthouse suite from our regular balcony. The suite is 10502. Does anyone have any info on that suite? Also, what amenities come with a penthouse suite vs. a regular balcony?

The 10502 forward facing suite is the ABSOLUTE BEST WAY to cruise Alaska! We were in 9500 on the Jewel last year and spent hours our our balcony moving from port to port watching the whales and dolphins. And you get obstructed views for over an hour of glacier watching.

You will get a butler, concierge, access to the private suites dining room for breakfast and lunch. You get invited to the Suites receptions with the ship's officers. You will get an invitation to the Glacier watching party in the Havens (we went, grabbed a glass of hot wine, and went back down to our room for superior views).

J11.jpg

j21.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

You do get to keep what ever booking perks you originally had, you don't loose any with an upsell.

We just did an upsell on the Pearl from a mini-suite to the 2br family penthouse suite and loved it.

I have a trip report posted on the Alaska board if you want to read it to get an idea about suite life, the link is in my signature.

We were offered an up sell to a penthouse suite from our regular balcony. The suite is 10502. Does anyone have any info on that suite? Also, what amenities come with a penthouse suite vs. a regular balcony?

Love, love, love the forward penthouses on the Jewel class ships. As mentioned elsewhere, this is the BEST way to do the Alaska cruise. You will love the expansive views, and the feeling that you're on your own private yacht.

Just bring some clothing layers as it can get chilly and then warm and then chilly again out on the balcony. But that's true for Alaska summer weather in general anyway.

You will get all the suites perks and you will likely have a hard time ever sailing non-suite again.

You get the Haven perks

Just to clarify, with Jewell 10502 penthouse suite, you do not get Haven perks, in that you do not have entrance to the Haven on deck 14. You do get all the suite perks - butler, concierge, Moderno breakfast and lunch.

We do love having the forward facing suites, especially for Alaska, which we did last year on the Pearl cabin 9004. It was wonderful!

Thank you for all the information. That is the kind of info I was not able to get from the website. Also, I could not tell if we get the extra latitude points?

No you don't get the extra points on an upsell

From the website:

"The additional point per night for staying in a Suite or in The Haven applies to Suites that were paid at full fare and does not include mini-suites. If you received a free or discounted upgrade, or sailed in a mini-suite, you will not receive the additional points for staying in a Suite."

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask what was the cost for the upgrade?

It's totally worth it. We were in an owners suite and a forward penthouse last week on the Jewel and I'll have a hard time going back to a non-suite room. It really is incredible. You wouldn't think priority embarking and disembarking would be that big of a deal, but it REALLY was. We also enjoyed the snacks in our room each afternoon as we spent a lot of time in there because of the amazing view. It was also really great to be able to pop back in to the room while you are looking at the glaciers. It's cold and you are going to, sitting at, and leaving the glacier for quite a while. I felt bad for all the people crowded at the front of the ship. They got out there early, then had to stay or else they would lose their spot. The other thing we enjoyed was breakfast in the Moderno. The buffet felt crowded to me, so even though they had more choices, we chose Moderno most days. The coffee in the Moderno was much better, as well. I can't say enough about it and would encourage you to take the upsell immediately. :) Have fun!

Edited by Newfun4me

The 10502 forward facing suite is the ABSOLUTE BEST WAY to cruise Alaska! We were in 9500 on the Jewel last year and spent hours our our balcony moving from port to port watching the whales and dolphins. And you get obstructed views for over an hour of glacier watching.

You will get a butler, concierge, access to the private suites dining room for breakfast and lunch. You get invited to the Suites receptions with the ship's officers. You will get an invitation to the Glacier watching party in the Havens (we went, grabbed a glass of hot wine, and went back down to our room for superior views).

J11.jpg

j21.jpg

We did the same thing with the Glacier watching party. I thought the view from the front balcony was much better than the Haven party view. I think I must have read a review you did because I knew to go get the hot wine then head back to our room (we might have doublefisted, though - that wine was yum!)