Regal obstructed balcony

Laurab23

Thinking of booking deck 8 guaranteed obstructed balcony.What is the worst balcony I could end up with? Should I take a chance? This would be Oct 22 5 day cruise to Canada.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

Thinking of booking deck 8 guaranteed obstructed balcony.What is the worst balcony I could end up with? Should I take a chance? This would be Oct 22 5 day cruise to Canada.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

The obstructions start with a small or peripheral blockage and graduate up.

The obstruction could start with lifeboats at floor level.

They get worse with various parts of the davits (cranes) that raise and lower the lifeboats which can extend up directly in from of the balcony to cables, and other large equipment.

There are some great photos/link here on Cruise Critic, maybe someone will post.

As far as taking a chance, can you deal with a completely blocked view?

Thanks for your help.

Laura

Here is a better site. It shows the view from each of the cabins. As you can see, there is not "total" obstructions. You may have to stand at the balcony and look around, but no total blockages. This is the deck we book when on the Regal or Royal.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Here is a better site. It shows the view from each of the cabins. As you can see, there is not "total" obstructions. You may have to stand at the balcony and look around, but no total blockages. This is the deck we book when on the Regal or Royal.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

This is the same site as Colo Cruiser shared on the 2nd link. You just have to drill down to the Royal/Regal Princess.

For the OP - The majority of the cabins on deck 8 don't have a direct view of the sea of looking down. This includes the ones near the aft that are not considered obstructed. The balconies are small on all of the except the deluxe obstructed ones forward.

I would recommend keeping the obstructed balcony. Then after final payment, what the pricing. If you end up with something you don't want, you can upgrade for little or no cost. I did that. I went with an obstructed balcony guarantee and was able to get a non-obstructed deluxe for no additional cost after final payment.

Edited by iluvcruzin

Thank you to those that posted links to photos. I was wondering the same thing as I booked an guarantee obstructed (BY). It looks like its a roll of the dice, some are barely obstructed, while others they might as well put the lifeboat on you lap if bother with sitting outside. I can't really complain though, I paid the same for my obstructed balcony as interiors were going for.

Years ago on the Coral window (Obstructed) were the same price as an interior, so we got a window with a view that was fully blocked by a life boat. The upside was a small amount of natural light did manage to make its way into the cabin, and it did feel larger.