Surprise for Hubby, and questions for Port Canaveral

Cpw221

Hi everyone-

We are sailing the Valor in 53 days!! A few questions...this cruise is to celebrate my Husband's 40th bday. As a surprise, his family will be joining us! He and our kids have NO idea. Two questions...his family has a suite(so freaking lucky, the upsell fairy called and offered an ocean suite from an ocean view for $500 more-total! This is their first cruise with carnival, and our 5th, but who's jealous? :cool:). We are trying to come up with a good way to surprise him once onboard. Any ideas?

Also, since they have priority boarding, what time should we plan to arrive at the port? I don't want to ruin the surprise by running into them during check in, but we do want to be on the ship ASAP. Thoughts? Thanks!!

For the surprise part, I would pick a place on the ship that you are super excited to see... can be anything that fits your families personality. Piano Bar, pool area, mini golf course.. etc... and make sure that it is a priority to be there at a set time. Of course at the same time I would make sure your surprise is there too..

For what time to be there, they can most likely get onboard around 11-11:30 am depending on when the ship is cleared by customs and the last cruise is finished getting off. I would select 12:30 as my boarding time if I wanted to make sure they get on before we are in the room. That should give you plenty of time.

You will want to make sure they are planning to get onboard as early as they can, so you dont run into them coming to the port later.

I would purchase Faster to the Fun for the cruise and work out with his family they will be on the ship as soon as possible then text you as they enter the ship and you can rush through the embarkation process right after them as you will have minimal line with FTTF.

Meeting place? Text them as you go on the ship and "bump" into them at the Rum, Tequila Bars or Guys burger???

I would purchase Faster to the Fun for the cruise and work out with his family they will be on the ship as soon as possible then text you as they enter the ship and you can rush through the embarkation process right after them as you will have minimal line with FTTF.

Meeting place? Text them as you go on the ship and "bump" into them at the Rum, Tequila Bars or Guys burger???

If you got the suite you already have priority boarding. Any predetermined spot would be fine

I thought I read that the rest of the family has the suite (and priority boarding), but the posting family does not.....

The suite will be able to board earlier than those without FTTF......if you buy that, you are likely to "run into" the rest of your surprise.....

At Canaveral priority boarding will parade right past the general boarding area to get upstairs. Good chance the suprise happens then unless one group isn't in the building until the other is on the ship.

At Canaveral priority boarding will parade right past the general boarding area to get upstairs. Good chance the suprise happens then unless one group isn't in the building until the other is on the ship.

True! One group needs to be on board before the other. And I suggest the ones with the suite. Or they could knock on your cabin door and surprise hubby. Surprise him at dinner.

Just a few suggestions.

For grandsons graduation cruise, we boarded first. Extended family after we were on. All surprised him by showing up on Lido while we were eating

For the surprise part, I would pick a place on the ship that you are super excited to see... can be anything that fits your families personality. Piano Bar, pool area, mini golf course.. etc... and make sure that it is a priority to be there at a set time. Of course at the same time I would make sure your surprise is there too..

For what time to be there, they can most likely get onboard around 11-11:30 am depending on when the ship is cleared by customs and the last cruise is finished getting off. I would select 12:30 as my boarding time if I wanted to make sure they get on before we are in the room. That should give you plenty of time.

You will want to make sure they are planning to get onboard as early as they can, so you dont run into them coming to the port later.

I agree - not sure about everyone else, but I am always super excited to visit the aft stairwell - 5 the deck (floor for any novices) - they have nice carpet there.

I would tell him once aboard, that you met and chatted with someone from Cruise Critic that had a suite. they offered to let you see it, and take him and knock on the door.. Surprise!! Really, have a ton of fun, and enjoy the cruise.

I think this is a great idea!

I would tell him once aboard, that you met and chatted with someone from Cruise Critic that had a suite. they offered to let you see it, and take him and knock on the door.. Surprise!! Really, have a ton of fun, and enjoy the cruise.

This is awesome! You could plan for a later arrival time, so you are sure they are on board before you show up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Tell him there is a CC meet n greet in one of the suites, take your carry on wine with you and have his family yell "SURPRISE" when he walks in. Have a small little party with them all in the suite and go explore. Whatever you figure out, I'm sure he will be more than thrilled! Have fun.