Inspiration Quickie 7/29/16 Cruise

fabby50

Just returned yesterday from the 3 day weekend cruise. We NEVER go anywhere in the summer and we wanted to see what we thought of a weekender during the summer. Here are few comments;

1. THE WEATHER - the weather was FANTASTIC! We live in the desert and on the 28th, it was 115 at home. It was so great to be cool, sit outside, just enjoy the weather.

2. New to us internet program - the $10 a day unlimited wifi was great - loved not having to worry about the minutes.

3. Splurged on a Grand Suite. Loved the balcony. It was covered and quiet on deck 6 outside.

4. Alchemy Bar - This is a great addition. The drinks were unusual and very tasty. Friendly bartenders.

5. Blue Iguana Taco/Burrito Bar - They make the corn tortillas fresh to order! Didn't get tacos, but had the huevos rancheros. Liked the variety of toppings on the topping bar - again, another nice addition.

Looking forward to the Miracle in February - we'll head straight to the Alchemy Bar and try some more of the cocktails we didn't have time to try in the 3 days.

Any questions, holler!

Edited by fabby50

It was a good time for such a short getaway.

The first night, we had the martini tasting. You can get either 4 or 8 mini glasses. All were good! I counted the drinks on the menu and there are 17 different ones, plus each bartender has a special drink they make. I can't remember the names though. The one I really like was the one with the basil in it - it was like a mojito, except basil instead of mint. Very refreshing. My husband liked the cucumber/watermelon one the best. There was also a citrus one that went down too quickly :) They were just all very good, perfect for a warm weather cruise.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We are going in October on the Columbus day weekend. We did this cruise last year and had so much fun we decided to do it again. Like another poster said, it satisfies that cruise bug until you can take a longer 7 day one.

I heard that they now have Guys Burgers as well. Did you try this venue? If so, how did you like it?

It was a good time for such a short getaway.

The first night, we had the martini tasting. You can get either 4 or 8 mini glasses. All were good! I counted the drinks on the menu and there are 17 different ones, plus each bartender has a special drink they make. I can't remember the names though. The one I really like was the one with the basil in it - it was like a mojito, except basil instead of mint. Very refreshing. My husband liked the cucumber/watermelon one the best. There was also a citrus one that went down too quickly :) They were just all very good, perfect for a warm weather cruise.

It's a Basil Drop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We are going in October on the Columbus day weekend. We did this cruise last year and had so much fun we decided to do it again. Like another poster said, it satisfies that cruise bug until you can take a longer 7 day one.

I heard that they now have Guys Burgers as well. Did you try this venue? If so, how did you like it?

We did Inspiration in June and just got off the Miracle today. We all really missed Guys on the Miracle. However, the MDR food was much better on Inspiration (even though it was the same menu)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did Inspiration in June and just got off the Miracle today. We all really missed Guys on the Miracle. However, the MDR food was much better on Inspiration (even though it was the same menu)

This is what I get for trying to post while still nursing my cruise hangover!!

What I meant to say is that the MDR food it was much better on the miracle!