Magic To Do

Jimmy Geegitz

Saw Fiera and Brava on Regal last summer and this past spring. Solid shows. But the comedians were my favorites. Always are. And imho, Magic To Do was one of the most inventive, interesting shows I have ever seen on a ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't care for Brava at all but everyone I talked to loved it. It was well done but It's just not my sort of music.

OTOH- Magic to Do was definitively a more interesting type of show. A different and refreshing entertainment from the same old, same old production show that Princess has been doing for years now.

I've seen Magic To Do twice on different Crown Princess sailings, most recently on the Trans Atlantic in April. I LOVE THIS SHOW ! It's definitely "out of the box" for the usual cruise ship theatre entertainment . One song in particular, "No Time At All" is my favorite. I couldn't get it out of my head. The show is very unusual, but appealing.

Edited by Myrtle Ave. Mayhem

I've always thought the most appealing part of Magic To Do is the abandonment of any sort of narrative arc.

I was informed by one of the principal singers a couple of weeks ago that I am sadly mistaken

Now, I've seen this show seven times with all three casts. It's the only Princess production show I'll willingly watch while stone-cold sober and the only one I've ever voluntarily watched twice. I have never imagined it has story arc.

The details are lost due to the AIBP, but essentially the Magician is the Father of Magic and we are following the relationship progression through young love, jealousy, pain and redemption.

I'm gobsmacked. I was sure it was a pure revue.