Over 12 months away and no more rooms available?

wtang

Thank you, thank you, Merion_Mom! Either you have a crystal ball, or you're a travel agent in disguise. :) How did you know about the price drop that started today?

Royal posts their promos in advance on their TA site and cruise boards pick up the info.

I did check today but inside quads are all waitlisted and outside are considerably more than we paid. We booked these rooms when the deployment opened,, and have had one price drop of about $16, but the prices have since increased a lot.

So it seems pretty unlikely that you will get what you are looking for at the price you originally paid (if at all). Wouldn't the inside also be considerably more than you paid?

So it seems pretty unlikely that you will get what you are looking for at the price you originally paid (if at all). Wouldn't the inside also be considerably more than you paid?

MisterBill99, you are confusing me with the OP. As I stated, we booked as soon as the deployment opened, and the inside quad room was then 5500, it is now 6500. Outside quad is $900 more. I keep looking for a price reduction, but it seems unlikely, at least for a few more months. However yesterday I got a price reduction on a cruise in October, and saved $1700. It does happen, but July and October are probably two different scenarios:)

I'm looking at a cruise for August 26, 2017 and the travel agent is telling me all the inside cabins are already booked.

Your Subject 'Over 12 months away and no more rooms available?' and your Post are confusing.

If you are booking an August 26, 2016 cruise (only 21 days from now) there is a good possibility that cabins are fully booked...

If you are booking an August 26, 2017 cruise there should be interiors available.

Dennis

Your Subject 'Over 12 months away and no more rooms available?' and your Post are confusing.

If you are booking an August 26, 2016 cruise (only 21 days from now) there is a good possibility that cabins are fully booked...

If you are booking an August 26, 2017 cruise there should be interiors available.

Dennis

Saying "should" doesn't help. If you look, as the OP did, there are no more interior QUADS for August 26, 2107. However, with the help of people on this thread, he has booked a quad oceanview.

Hi, I'm new around here! My first post (Yay!) I've done 7 cruises before on Carnival and Norwegian, but this is my first attempt at cruising with Royal Caribbean. I'm looking at a cruise for August 26, 2017 and the travel agent is telling me all the inside cabins are already booked. She says the only inside cabin available is an wheelchair accessible cabin. Can this be true? Over 12 months out and already fully booked? Usually I have no trouble booking Carnival or Norwegian about 1 year ahead. Just to verify what she said, I tried to do a booking through the RCL website and I got the same result... only 1 inside cabin left.

Anyway, we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) and we don't have a disability so we don't need an accessible room. The agent says I can book the room anyway and if RCL needs the room for a disabled guest, they will move us into another room. Does anyone know if she is right? Also, can 4 guests fit in a V1 category accessible room? It looks like it only has a king bed. Will the cabin steward move in 2 rollaway cots every night?

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

Good Morning!

I did a little checking on some of the other sites and you are correct however there are staterooms available in the category above which is Outside Staterooms. If I were you I would pay the slight difference and get a room that accommodates you all.

Just my opinion

MisterBill99, you are confusing me with the OP. As I stated, we booked as soon as the deployment opened, and the inside quad room was then 5500, it is now 6500. Outside quad is $900 more. I keep looking for a price reduction, but it seems unlikely, at least for a few more months.

Not confusing anything. You posted "Have been looking for another quad interior for the past two months". I understand that you have a cabin booked, but it seems like you're looking for another on the same cruise.

Edited by MisterBill99

Good Morning!

I did a little checking on some of the other sites and you are correct however there are staterooms available in the category above which is Outside Staterooms. If I were you I would pay the slight difference and get a room that accommodates you all.

Just my opinion

As Merion_Mom posted right before you, and as OP posted yesterday, the OP has already booked an oceanview stateroom.

Saying "should" doesn't help. If you look, as the OP did, there are no more interior QUADS for August 26, 2107. However, with the help of people on this thread, he has booked a quad oceanview.

Change Should to Might, Maybe, Possibly, Never. I was really wondering if they were trying to book this month as the Subject line might make you think or in the text where it was this month.

I did just one check for I believe the Adventure, Aug 26 2017 for 2 adults and 2 children and found a number of inside cabins on decks 9, 10 and 11, forward and aft...

The original post did not mention which Ship in August of 2017/2016...

Sailing August 26, 2016

Majesty, Bahamas

Enchantment, Bahamas

Legend, China

Explorer, Alaska

Ovation, China

Rhapsody, Greek Islands/Mediterranean

Sailing August 26, 2017

Anthem, Bermuda

Harmondy, Caribbean

Adventure, Caribbean

Rhapsody, Greek Islands/Mediterranean

Serenade, Repositioning

Dennis

Edited by SC_Floaters
Added Cruises & Dates

Some pretty strange games are played. We've seen weeks where no grand suites are available for four people yet grand suites that take four are available if you book for two. The next week when a new "special" comes out and then suddenly those same cabins are available to take four again.

I was really wondering if they were trying to book this month as the Subject line might make you think or in the text where it was this month.

The original post did not mention which Ship in August of 2017/2016...

Hi SC_Floaters! I really appreciate you trying to help. People here sure are friendly! :)

If you look again at my original post, you'll see I DID say "2017" so, yes, over 12 months from now. I'm not sure where you see me saying August 2016.

Thanks for trying to check cabin availability for me. I forgot to mention that I was looking for Anthem of the Seas. Someone asked me later in this thread and I provided the ship name in a reply.

In any case, thanks to advice from folks on this thread, I'm now booked in an oceanview quad and looking forward to our trip! :D

Hi SC_Floaters! I really appreciate you trying to help. People here sure are friendly! :)

If you look again at my original post, you'll see I DID say "2017" so, yes, over 12 months from now. I'm not sure where you see me saying August 2016.

Thanks for trying to check cabin availability for me. I forgot to mention that I was looking for Anthem of the Seas. Someone asked me later in this thread and I provided the ship name in a reply.

In any case, thanks to advice from folks on this thread, I'm now booked in an oceanview quad and looking forward to our trip! :D

And you are going to have a FANTABULOUS cruise! ;) :D