Anthem of the Seas - Bayonne Arrival Question

Hi all! My family and I are going on the Anthem of the Seas in September for what I hope to be a fantastic trip. Due to certain circumstances we were late to the meal "reservation" party. We really want to have the classic dynamic dining which seats at 6:30 PM but the classic option was closed for bookings long ago. We have been told by our TA that RCCL maintains 30% of the dining reservations for those who book on the ship so we want to try and be some of the first people on so we can make the reservations.

My question is, how early do you need to arrive to ensure you are one of the first to board?

Thank you!

-Jennifer-

I can't answer the question about boarding time, but I would ask your TA to try to put you on the wait list for Dynamic Classic. If that can be done, you may clear the wait list before the cruise.

I can't answer the question about boarding time, but I would ask your TA to try to put you on the wait list for Dynamic Classic. If that can be done, you may clear the wait list before the cruise.

Thanks for the tip, but we already tried that and even the waitlist was closted :rolleyes:

Cape Liberty Boards by Weddings, Disabled, Suites Pinnacle, Diamond+ Diamond and then everyone else by Crown and Anchor Level - may have a few out of order but you get the picture.

Id advise getting to the port by 10:15-10:30 and go directly to make your reservations

Hi all! My family and I are going on the Anthem of the Seas in September for what I hope to be a fantastic trip. Due to certain circumstances we were late to the meal "reservation" party. We really want to have the classic dynamic dining which seats at 6:30 PM but the classic option was closed for bookings long ago. We have been told by our TA that RCCL maintains 30% of the dining reservations for those who book on the ship so we want to try and be some of the first people on so we can make the reservations.

My question is, how early do you need to arrive to ensure you are one of the first to board?

Thank you!

-Jennifer-

The two Dynamic Dining Classic times are 5:30 and 8:30. There is no 6:30.

Download the Royal IQ app now. While you are waiting to board and are sitting in the terminal at Cape Liberty, log on. People are reporting that it is active, even out in the terminal.

You may be able to make dining reservations while you wait. (since you are *stuck* in Dynamic Dining Choice).

Good luck.

:)

If that is not successful, go to the maître-d as soon as you board-usually there's one by one of the dining rooms. I have early DD classic for the Aug. 25th cruise and I just wrote to RCL dining asking for a table for 2. My contact relayed the request to the ship personnel.

Arrived at port at 10:45 for the 6/16 sailing and there were already 800 people sitting there waiting to board. Started boarding at 11:00. We're diamond, but had to wait in line with everyone else. Didn't get on until 11:45.

Yes, they do hold back about 30% of slots for onboard reservations. Thought that was all for dd choice though. As has been stated, you should go right to the hostess station outside the restaurants on either deck 3 or 4 aft. If they can't get you into dd classic they can at least assist you in making reservations for each night of the cruise.

Choice might actually work out better for you. If you find that you like certain restaurants more than others choice gives you the flexibility to to change restaurants and dining times. Under classic you have to stick with your assigned rotation. Just be sure to coordinate your dining and entertainment reservations.

Still recommend getting there early though. Reservations book up quickly and those without end up having dinner in the Windjammer.