Lack of Updates on Wilma

jkfrank

Is there anyone else that is bothered by the lack of updates on upcomming cruises. We are scheduled for 10/29 out of Ft Lauderdale, however Celebrity has not updated since 10/25. Royal updated, Princecess updated. Everyone discusses how Celebrity is an upgrade from other lines. I'm starting to wonder, it's the little things that truly make a business shine and stand aobve others. Keep in mind many people need to make plans to travel, with no new news.

You know, I just had to re-schedule all my plans for a land vacation to Moon Palace in Cancun! Not that I didn't book a year ahead of time, scheduled time off of work, etc!, yes, we have been compromised---are we homeless? NO!!! These people are suffering terribly! :mad: It's not really important that our vacations or cruises are conducted "as advertised"!! We have to make alternate plans. :( The hotels & airlines are working to do such!:)

I have to say, American Air Lines was SOOOOOO accomodating, I still can't believe it! Just bear with it & let these people get their lives back in order! It's going to take time. AA has agreed to make changes for no charge for flights through January 15th!

You know, I just had to re-schedule all my plans for a land vacation to Moon Palace in Cancun! Not that I didn't book a year ahead of time, scheduled time off of work, etc!, yes, we have been compromised---are we homeless? NO!!! These people are suffering terribly! :mad: It's not really important that our vacations or cruises are conducted "as advertised"!! We have to make alternate plans. :( The hotels & airlines are working to do such!:)

I have to say, American Air Lines was SOOOOOO accomodating, I still can't believe it! Just bear with it & let these people get their lives back in order! It's going to take time. AA has agreed to make changes for no charge for flights through January 15th!

Agree there are a lot more people out there suffering and rebuilding. All I ask is that the Celebrity provide updated information so that it's customers can make informed decisions.

I know! I am SOOO anal, I would be coming out of my chair! BUT....the reality is they have so many problems to contend with, they will just have to take one step at a time! I know this isn't good news, but it IS reality! ;)

jkfrank ~ I'm sure you are frustrated by the uncertainty of your upcoming cruise and I can't provide an answer as to why Celebrity hasn't provided updates yet. But I do urge you to consider that Celebrity headquarters are in the area hit by Wilma (have you seen how bad the damage is in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale?). Neither the Port of Miami or Port Everglades have reopened yet. Airports are just starting to re-open on a limited basis and everything down there is a mess -- no gas, no water, no power. Why don't you contact your travel agent who should be providing you with information? Please consider all the Celebrity employees that have been affected by this storm and think about the situation everyone in south Florida is currently facing.

Be prepared for delays, itinerary changes and the like. It's part of cruising in hurricane season.

Once again I'm not minimizing the situtation that all in south Florida face, certainly understand fully. I just believe if the website states that updates will occur at 6:30 on the 25th, something should be posted. As for travel agent aggreed should be first choice for information, however you assume that I booked with an agent and not directly with Celebrity. Also keep in mind RCCL, also headqaurtered in Miami is updating there sight for there passengers.

Once again I'm not minimizing the situtation that all in south Florida face, certainly understand fully. I just believe if the website states that updates will occur at 6:30 on the 25th, something should be posted.

I'm not saying you are! I just think it it so much more important right now to establish sites that can connect people to people that are displaced than to worry about people that put out about their cruise destinations!

jkfrank ~ I know that RCI and Celeb are both in Miami. I saw on Celeb's website that they said they were going to provide updates last night at 6:00 PM. But there could be a wide variety of reasons why they didn't update. I'm not taking sides here.....really....we have no idea what the situation is at the Celebrity offices. It may not be as simple as we think it should be. Since they posted yesterday that they didn't have any planned itinerary changes, one would think that was still the case.

Have you tried visiting a Roll Call for your cruise? Perhaps if you booked with Celebrity but others used a TA, maybe someone with a TA can give you some info. I don't think it's Celebrity's goal to keep you in the dark.

I hope it all works out for you.

There isn't much to update. The airport is just opening this am at 7. However, whether the airlines have the equipment there to operate is another story.

Port Everglades will not reopen until the Coast Guard gives approval. Right now the fuel companies are using generators to load fuel into fuel trucks for distribution throughout Florida.

Celebrity has had no itinerary changes since 10/25. As stressed as everyone is in Miami this week, and having to be out the door to be off the streets by the time the curfew goes into effect each night, updating a page which says there is nothing changing, after the 5:00 meeting each day, probably hasn't been a high priority.

FYI: The first change to a Celebrity itinerary came this afternoon when they decided Galaxy's 10/31 sailing would replace the Cozumel call with a sea day.

Nothing has changed on your 10/29 sailing.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

jkfrank, please be patient! We don't know where either RCCL or Celebrity maintains their website. I spoke to my mother in law tonight. Her sister, who lives in Lauderhill, which is about 20 minutes outside of Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades, got their power back earlier tonight. There are still many parts down there still without power. Have you tried to call them on the phone?

Anita

Is there anyone else that is bothered by the lack of updates on upcomming cruises. We are scheduled for 10/29 out of Ft Lauderdale, however Celebrity has not updated since 10/25. Royal updated, Princecess updated. Everyone discusses how Celebrity is an upgrade from other lines. I'm starting to wonder, it's the little things that truly make a business shine and stand aobve others. Keep in mind many people need to make plans to travel, with no new news.
so has NCL, I am sure Celebrity will by tomorrow, actually for your sake I hope they do by tomorrow seeing you are leaving on Saturday. NMnita

Celebrity has added this to their site:

"Given Hurricane Wilma's location and projected path, Celebrity Cruises is currently modifying the itinerary of one ship:

Ships sailing from the Port of Galveston

• UPDATED - Galaxy - The Monday, October 31, sailing of Galaxy is unable to visit Cozumel Wednesday, due to the port's closure. Instead, the ship will spend that day at sea.

At this time, no other Celebrity Cruises ships are being adversely impacted by the aftermath of Hurricane Wilma or tropical weather. Celebrity will continue to closely monitor these situations and update this information at 12:30 p.m. Friday."

We're a party of four booked on the 4-nt Zenith cruise out of Miami leaving Nov 10 with port stops in Key West and Cozumel. I'd already figured out Cozumel isn't going to happen b/c of the damage. The Century itinerary change only confirms it. News reports have been focused on Miami; I haven't heard anything about Key West. I know X has time to make changes before we're scheduled to leave, but I'm still curious: has anyone seen/heard/read whether there was any major damage to Key West?

M/R

(Please forgive any duplication. I tried once, but the post seems to have gone poof.)

We are a party of 4 booked on a 4-nt Zenith cruise out of Miami leaving on Nov 10 with port stops in Key West and Cozumel. I'd already figured out that Cozumel isn't going to happen b/c of the hurricane damage. All the news here has been about Miami; I haven't heard anything about Key West. I know X has plenty of time to make any necessary itinerary changes before Nov 10, but I'm curious: has anyone read/heard/seen about conditions in Key West?

M/R

Hi MysteryReader. We're on the same cruise as you. Talked to my travel agent this morning and still nothing from Celebrity to them either. Saw the 5-night Zenith stops at Costa Maya. Maybe we'll end up there since they seemed to have weathered the storm fairly well.

BTW, we're just across the DelMemBr in NJ. Nice to hear someone else from our area will be on board.

mnc

Hi MysteryReader. We're on the same cruise as you. Talked to my travel agent this morning and still nothing from Celebrity to them either. Saw the 5-night Zenith stops at Costa Maya. Maybe we'll end up there since they seemed to have weathered the storm fairly well.

BTW, we're just across the DelMemBr in NJ. Nice to hear someone else from our area will be on board.

mnc

Judging from the website, Costa Maya would suit us very well. If the 5-nt stops there, however, it seems less likely the 4-nt would for pax who are doing the b2b. With the hurricane damage affecting a number of ports, perhaps that isn't a strong consideration right now. One of the reasons we chose this cruise over the other 3 we were considering is the stop in Key West. We hope that remains on the itinerary.

mnc, it's unlikely we'll meet on the cruise, but we'll look for you just in case. Bon voyage!

M/R

Archived