HAL Internet Packages

Jimbo59

I didn't have an issue with the time counting on (and it did go out on me a couple of time) but I followed Kathi's (Scrapnana) sage advice and took a screen shot of where I was when I signed on (time shows). And another one when I logged out. If internet went out, I noted the time and if there had been an issue - I had the proof.

Made life easy and easy for me to make sure I hadn't "lost" minutes.

Good idea! Is there a way to get a screen shot on an ipad, or did you just take a photo with your camera

Good idea! Is there a way to get a screen shot on an ipad, or did you just take a photo with your camera

My Ipad. Just hold the button you use to power off and the home button at the same time and you have a screen shot.

I didn't have an issue with the time counting on (and it did go out on me a couple of time) but I followed Kathi's (Scrapnana) sage advice and took a screen shot of where I was when I signed on (time shows). And another one when I logged out. If internet went out, I noted the time and if there had been an issue - I had the proof.

Made life easy and easy for me to make sure I hadn't "lost" minutes.

I learned that the hard way. First time, it said I was logged out. I wasn't. YL at guest services wouldn't give me back all the lost minutes. Second time I had a screen shot from my phone. Got all my minutes back from a different YL plus some of the ones from the first time.

Edited by Reagan0712
spelling

I presume the internet quality and pricing would the same on the Koningsdam? Since that is their newest, most state of the art ship, I would think the technology would have been updated to whatever is the latest and greatest. I will not be pleased if I have to pay for this expensive service for my upcoming cruise on the Koningsdam and it is as unreliable and slow as others report here. Do they not offer compensation or discounts if the service does not work?

I presume the internet quality and pricing would the same on the Koningsdam? Since that is their newest, most state of the art ship, I would think the technology would have been updated to whatever is the latest and greatest. I will not be pleased if I have to pay for this expensive service for my upcoming cruise on the Koningsdam and it is as unreliable and slow as others report here. Do they not offer compensation or discounts if the service does not work?

There is a statement there when you sign in (IIRC) that the ship is not responsible for speed or outages. That being said, on our Westerdam cruise in 2016, we lost internet signal for 2 days in a row once and days at a time on other occasions. They did give us a partial refund on our internet cost. Apparently it wasn't consistent among those of us who received it.

Is it possible when the zuiderdam goes out in november for 2 week rehab wifi will be part of it. Hoping cause Im on the first December cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oosterdam had her big suite/public rooms remodel and sounds like internet hasn't changed. Last I heard still per minute. Carnival made a big announcement a year or two back that they were going with fast inlimited internet company wide. So far doesn't appear to be happening.

If they want to capture a younger market poor internet won't do it. I read that poor internet service can take up to 40% off the value of a home. We aren't under 40 and want good service wherever we are.

In 2016 when I was on the Carnival Liberty, there was a "social media" package which I believe I paid $35.00 for the entire 7 day cruise.

I'm a bit surprised that HAL (which is considered a more upscale/expensive line) wouldn't have the same thing as they are both owned by Carnival.