Internet access/charges on Valor (no HUB)

bailey57

Sailing on Valor, which does not yet have the new HUB service. Seems internet access and charges on board have changed since I last cruised. I read the website info (https://help.carnival.com/…/answ…/detail/a_id/1152/related/1), which includes this line: "All of our ships feature areas with publicly accessible computers, which are open twenty four hours a day. You may use your existing internet plan with them, if you have one."

I do have an internet plan, but cannot tell if the $5/day charge applies if I use the on board computer for 5 minutes once or twice. Is it automatically $5 once you login to the on board PC, or does that only apply to personal devices? Can someone please clarify/explain? Thanks!

I can offer a partial answer.

We get the value plan that costs $ 60 for the week and gives unlimited access one device at a time

This was my experience on the valor as well. Not sure how it would work on the ships PCs as I did not use one. My husband and I each go it so it cost us $120 altogether. If I wanted to go between my phone and ipad I just had to log off. And there is no time associated with it.

The public computers on the Miracle just last week had as their home page the three internet options from which to choose, so I presume you cannot buy just a few minutes here and there, or an hour to spread over your week. Now you buy by the day, or the whole length of the cruise. (Full disclosure: I did not utilize any internet, so I cannot promise this is 100% accurate, but it sure did look that way)

The public computers on the Miracle just last week had as their home page the three internet options from which to choose, so I presume you cannot buy just a few minutes here and there, or an hour to spread over your week. Now you buy by the day, or the whole length of the cruise. (Full disclosure: I did not utilize any internet, so I cannot promise this is 100% accurate, but it sure did look that way)

Thanks. Apparently if I need a few minutes online on two days, it's $5 each time - and I get 24 hours each time. Ah well; nothing is perfect. ;)

Thanks. Apparently if I need a few minutes online on two days, it's $5 each time - and I get 24 hours each time. Ah well; nothing is perfect. ;)

Confirm which sites you need to access. I went with the next level pack because in addition to social media (my mother isn't able to get out much anymore and she loves following our vacation adventures on Facebook) I like to check the weather and visit many of my general sites. The $5 only allows access to minimal sites and no email. That may work for you fine.

we were on the valor in april and they had the hub, and we got the social media plan $25 for the week or $5 a day.

Thanks - I thought I'd seen that the Valor didn't have it yet. Misinformation abounds. :rolleyes:

I guess it's all $5/day or $25/week now - nothing in between. Thanks again. :)

Thanks - I thought I'd seen that the Valor didn't have it yet. Misinformation abounds. :rolleyes:

I guess it's all $5/day or $25/week now - nothing in between. Thanks again. :)

The Hub app goes live on Valor on Aug 19th according to the Carnival website.

Which package also allows SnapChat? I had gotten the social media one when I was on the Fascination last May, but when we went on Paradise in November, we couldn't access SnapChat on the social media one. I'm curious if we should just get the value one when we're on Valor this November?

The Hub app goes live on Valor on Aug 19th according to the Carnival website.

According the HUB App, Valor is now supported. That is great news if you just want a way to keep in touch with the rest of the people you are cruising with! I'm looking forward to having the daily schedule on my phone.