Getaway Flavored Vodka?

QuickieGlenn

I know that I saw a few, but I'm not positive what all I saw last week. I remember pear, I think lemon, and some other fruit.

Oops, that was on Escape, but it should be similar to what you'll find.

Edited by Daghis

Wow, nobody

I guess I should have water ban or gratuity in the title

Judging by the posts around here lately, most of these folks could use a drink. So much bitching and whining, just stop cruising and take a break from the NCL Board. [emoji23]

I wish I could remember for you. If you do some searches there have been posts of the complete alcohol list. OOPS, looks like poster above included it. I find the liquor list to be very good on the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by txagfan

The flavored Grey Goose is no longer available on the UBP. The change began on our cruise last week. Regular Grey Goose is still on the UBP.

Could you clarify? Is it no longer available on board... period? Or is it now > $15/serving, so it's not inclusive within UBP without additional charge?

Personally, I consider "regular" Grey Goose as flavored, as it tastes like baby aspirin to me. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Could you clarify? Is it no longer available on board... period? Or is it now > $15/serving, so it's not inclusive within UBP without additional charge?

Personally, I consider "regular" Grey Goose as flavored, as it tastes like baby aspirin to me. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Someone posted a new menu as of July 16, 2016 and they raised the price of the Super Premium that used to be $10.95 to $16.95 so they are just not available on the UBP currently. But you can still get them for $1.95 according tot he UBP T's and C's. I think most of the other vodkas are fine, but there is only one or two flavored now in the UBP and none of the Grey Goose flavored are included. I think there is a lemon one and maybe one other flavor for the UBP.

Edited by sykimball1498

Someone posted a new menu as of July 16, 2016 and they raised the price of the Super Premium that used to be $10.95 to $16.95 so they are just not available on the UBP currently. But you can still get them for $1.95 according tot he UBP T's and C's.

Good info - thanks.

I can't find the post or photo of the new drink menu. Anybody recall what thread it's on?

Someone posted a new menu as of July 16, 2016 and they raised the price of the Super Premium that used to be $10.95 to $16.95 so they are just not available on the UBP currently. But you can still get them for $1.95 according tot he UBP T's and C's. I think most of the other vodkas are fine, but there is only one or two flavored now in the UBP and none of the Grey Goose flavored are included. I think there is a lemon one and maybe one other flavor for the UBP.

That is very disappointing, I was looking forward to goose orange, I'll obviously have to deal with the regular.

I wasn't really planning on ever cruising again and prob not with NCL, this definitely seals the deal for me. If I'm paying for the cruise and paying for the drink and dining packages, for the price I'm paying, base fare and even just the 18% on the "free packages" I can take all sorts of different trips.

$16.95 +18% grat is not a normal price for a grey goose drink. Even $10.95 is on the mid to high side. It also comes off poorly as they created the $15 cut off for drinks and then just raised the price of drinks to get them off the "ultimate" package.

Edited by BrandoMan13

so if i decide to just deal with it and order a drink over $15, do I pay the difference or the difference plus %18 of that difference. I'm assuming its the latter, because why wouldn't it be.

what a turn off for me. I can't imagine there is anything that will happen on the cruise to get me back on an NCL ship unless they radically change their ways. One and done, and very disappointed.

I think it's odd that the flavoured Grey Goose is considered "super premium" whereas the Plain Jane Goose is not. One drink of Grey Goose Poire is $16? That's ridiculous. I get that bar prices include a huge markup, but really, you can buy an entire bottle in the store for $28. That's an extreme markup.

No doubt it's because they are trying to get the price above the "free" amount for the UBP and trying to get a couple extra bucks from people who figure they don't mind paying $2 for a drink. I guess that's the way NCL is trending. Disappointing, but oh well.

No doubt it's because they are trying to get the price above the "free" amount for the UBP and trying to get a couple extra bucks from people who figure they don't mind paying $2 for a drink. I guess that's the way NCL is trending. Disappointing, but oh well.

Note to NCL: if you want to add some IPAs and craft brews to the standard beer list at $16.95 per bottle, I know of at least one idiot that'll happily (and repeatedly) pay the $1.95 surcharge.

I think it's odd that the flavoured Grey Goose is considered "super premium" whereas the Plain Jane Goose is not. One drink of Grey Goose Poire is $16? That's ridiculous. I get that bar prices include a huge markup, but really, you can buy an entire bottle in the store for $28. That's an extreme markup.

Thats exactly how I feel about it. I'm not cancelling and I'm not going to have a meltdown, but disappointed is a great word for it.

I'll still have some flavored goose and I'll get stuck paying the few bucks for it. It's just a shame they feel the need to make petty moves like this. Raising the drink package to include more drinks only to then shortly after raise the price of the drinks so they are no longer included.

Also to go from $10.95 or $11.95 to $16.95 overnight is absurd. That markup is now top of line manhattan bar price, right up there with the gourmet bottled water prices lol.

But life goes on, we're going on vacation and there is still plenty to drink within the price range of the package. I'll have a few less orange and tonics and maybe a few more vodka gimlets.

I can't imagine there is anything that will happen on the cruise to get me back on an NCL ship unless they radically change their ways. One and done, and very disappointed.

I think a lot of it comes down to expectations and perspective.

In contrast to the way you're feeling, I can't imagine anything will happen on my upcoming NCL cruise that'll turn me away from cruising with them again in the future. Who do you think will walk away with the more favorable experience?

I'm not dismissing your disappointment - just trying to offer some perspective. It would be great if the on-board experience exceeded your current expectations.

d66db6b643fc51945c39667d18c033ae.jpg

Edit: I posted this as you were responding with the post above. You obviously have the right attitude. Drink and enjoy the trip!!

Edited by TheDougOut

I think a lot of it comes down to expectations and perspective.

In contrast to the way you're feeling, I can't imagine anything will happen on my upcoming NCL cruise that'll turn me away from cruising with them again in the future. Who do you think will walk away with the more favorable experience?

I'm not dismissing your disappointment - just trying to offer some perspective. It would be great if the on-board experience exceeded your current expectations.

d66db6b643fc51945c39667d18c033ae.jpg

Edit: I posted this as you were responding with the post above. You obviously have the right attitude. Drink and enjoy the trip!!

You are completely correct. It's all about perspective. I'm going into this cruise as someone who isn't big on the whole concept anyway. So they have to win me over, whereas someone who has cruised or likes the idea would have to have a horrible trip to not get them back on the ship again.

For the things I look for in a vacation and for things I like to spend my money on, I am better served at an all inclusive, where the food isn't as good as the ship, but its plentiful and good enough for me. The drinks aren't american name brands but again they make good drinks and they are plentiful.

I also like pools and obviously a cruise ship cant have a pool like a resort can. But thats a strictly personal preference.

But there is a lot to look forward to, all the different activities, restaurants and drinks to try, and checking out Bermuda, a place I've never been.

so if i decide to just deal with it and order a drink over $15, do I pay the difference or the difference plus %18 of that difference. I'm assuming its the latter, because why wouldn't it be.

It was the difference +18% of the difference when I ordered a glass of Veuve Clicquot on the Jewel.

Also to go from $10.95 or $11.95 to $16.95 overnight is absurd. That markup is now top of line manhattan bar price, right up there with the gourmet bottled water prices lol...

True, except clearly the point is to make it "Free + $1.95 copay" with the UDP. Honestly, I'd much rather have that option than have NCL just eliminate them completely, like they did with a lot of the wines by the glass.

Edited by ChrisNY2