Rate changes or perks added

gtxl1200

I did a search but the answers didn't solve my problem. I booked a Concierge Class Cabin, for The Reflection, Sailing on December 17th 2016. I got 2 go better perks with it. plus a really, really good rate. I booked through Celebrities web site. So, today I was checking to make sure the rate hadn't changed. Or maybe the price of a suite came down enough to upgrade. When I went through the booking process. The perks option popped up they were offering all 4 perks the best package for free. So I called Celebrity to inquire about getting this added to my reservation and the person on the other end said she wasn't seeing it on her screen. My question is has anyone else encountered this problem? Do I call again hoping for a different representative? Another note. I checked on two different computers to see if I got it on both of them and I did. Just thinking maybe some cookies were causing a problem or something. I am still going on the cruise. I am very happy with the price I paid. but getting the upgrade from the classic drink package and the 300 OBC would be a nice addition.. Oh no bashing the reps . She was very nice. I just wonder if she was missing something is all..

If you simply want to add the 4 perks that come with current bookings, your current reservations will be repriced to today's fares.

In essence think of it as cancelling and rebooking.

The can not just add the current promotions to an old reservation without re-faring it.

Lower fares come with fewer perks, higher fares come with more perks. The perks costs are literally built into the fares if you look at pricing between 2 perks versus all 4 perks.

You can also make a booking and at the beginning of the booking process click the check for other discounts link, and get lower fares, with no perks.

If you simply want to add the 4 perks that come with current bookings, your current reservations will be repriced to today's fares.

In essence think of it as cancelling and rebooking.

The can not just add the current promotions to an old reservation without re-faring it.

Lower fares come with fewer perks, higher fares come with more perks. The perks costs are literally built into the fares if you look at pricing between 2 perks versus all 4 perks.

You can also make a booking and at the beginning of the booking process click the check for other discounts link, and get lower fares, with no perks.

That is kind of what I had in my head. I was hoping since we weren't beyond final payment yet. I could get the deal. What was weird though she said she didn't see the offer I was seeing. Oh plus I was willing to pay the new price for all 4 perks. It was only 100 per person more. To me that seemed worth it .. I know I know everyone thinks different on numbers..

That is kind of what I had in my head. I was hoping since we weren't beyond final payment yet. I could get the deal. What was weird though she said she didn't see the offer I was seeing. Oh plus I was willing to pay the new price for all 4 perks. It was only 100 per person more. To me that seemed worth it .. I know I know everyone thinks different on numbers..

That does seem worth it.

I was having a problem today with trying to make a new reservation for a cruise. There was an inside cabin showing available on the web-site but when I called they said it wasn't showing up. I said but I have it right here. After they convinced me it wasn't available and we hung up, I went back to the web-site and started a booking and did a 24 hour hold on it.

A new Certified Vacation Planner called after I did this and said yes that the cabin was available and I did have it on hold. :confused:

Edited by CruisingChick

I believe what you are talking about is a new promotion if you are traveling to the Caribbean during a certain time period. If you are willing to pay the upcharge there is no reason you can't get the additional perks. Call Celebrity back, sometimes it will take several agents until you get the one that is aware of the new 4 perks promotion for your cruise. Good luck, lets us know what happens.

I believe what you are talking about is a new promotion if you are traveling to the Caribbean during a certain time period. If you are willing to pay the upcharge there is no reason you can't get the additional perks. Call Celebrity back, sometimes it will take several agents until you get the one that is aware of the new 4 perks promotion for your cruise. Good luck, lets us know what happens.

It was the same sailing as mine on the same ship. I couldn't even book the new price with the 4 perks, because she wasn't seeing it. Basically Celebrity didn't want my money.. HAHAHA!!! I would have completely understood if she would have said No! that is on new bookings only or Blah! Blah! but she said She did not see the offer I was referring to. She was really nice and we chatted about all kinds of things. So, maybe she will mention it to her cube mate and that person might say hey yea that is a deal going on call him back.. I know I live in a fantasy world but hey better than living in a depressed angry world. Like I said I'm super happy about the class of cabin I got for the price and the 2 perks. I'm going on my cruise enjoying every minute of it. I just thought the extra perks would of been cool.

It was the same sailing as mine on the same ship. I couldn't even book the new price with the 4 perks, because she wasn't seeing it. Basically Celebrity didn't want my money.. HAHAHA!!! I would have completely understood if she would have said No! that is on new bookings only or Blah! Blah! but she said She did not see the offer I was referring to. She was really nice and we chatted about all kinds of things. So, maybe she will mention it to her cube mate and that person might say hey yea that is a deal going on call him back.. I know I live in a fantasy world but hey better than living in a depressed angry world. Like I said I'm super happy about the class of cabin I got for the price and the 2 perks. I'm going on my cruise enjoying every minute of it. I just thought the extra perks would of been cool.

I speak from experience. Call back again, take a screen shot and email it directly to the agent. Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide to do.:)

I speak from experience. Call back again, take a screen shot and email it directly to the agent. Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide to do.:)

Thats a great idea. I never thought of that.. Screen shot on its way..

That does seem worth it.

I was having a problem today with trying to make a new reservation for a cruise. There was an inside cabin showing available on the web-site but when I called they said it wasn't showing up. I said but I have it right here. After they convinced me it wasn't available and we hung up, I went back to the web-site and started a booking and did a 24 hour hold on it.

A new Certified Vacation Planner called after I did this and said yes that the cabin was available and I did have it on hold. :confused:

Any chance it was the last cabin in the category?

I've noticed when I start to do a booking and cancel on line, that cabin remains off market for sale for a period of time. Often I'm looking at last sale suites, and find if I leave reservation come back in a few minutes, no cabin, but come back an hour later its back for sale.

In essence it is made to allow one who finds a cabin to keep it thru the booking process, and not allow someone someplace else to grab the same one at the same time.

Thats a great idea. I never thought of that.. Screen shot on its way..

Or create a booking, put it on hold, and then call again. Believe it or not the Celebrity system allows you to have two booking on the exact same cruise.

Funny, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, although I called my TA instead of Celebrity directly. He said he didn't see the promotion with all 4 perks on his system, but he called Celebrity and they were able to make the changes to my reservation. So, I agree with everyone else who is saying to call Celebrity back. It's almost like they're trying to keep this promo on the DL.

Funny, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, although I called my TA instead of Celebrity directly. He said he didn't see the promotion with all 4 perks on his system, but he called Celebrity and they were able to make the changes to my reservation. So, I agree with everyone else who is saying to call Celebrity back. It's almost like they're trying to keep this promo on the DL.

I called Celebrity back. They played dumb had no Idea what I was talking about. I said would you like me to send you the screen capture?? oh hold on a minute.. Yes we can take care of that for you. It cost me 260 more but I now have all 4 Still worth it. The 300 obc plus now the premium drink package and also unlimited internet which I really don't care about. Now that I have 300 OBC I'm going to try out the Lawn Club Grill..:):D:)

I called Celebrity back. They played dumb had no Idea what I was talking about. I said would you like me to send you the screen capture?? oh hold on a minute.. Yes we can take care of that for you. It cost me 260 more but I now have all 4 Still worth it. The 300 obc plus now the premium drink package and also unlimited internet which I really don't care about. Now that I have 300 OBC I'm going to try out the Lawn Club Grill..:):D:)

You got a PREMIUM beverage package? I thought the perks were Classic Package, except for Suites get Premium?

You had 2 perks originally. Assume you'd have taken $300 OBC and beverages for 2 which value at $908.60 (assuming classic, $1073.80 if premium)

Now for $260 more you get Gratuities paid (value of $188.30 for 2) and unlimited internet, value $199 (technically $398, but I don't find value in the 2nd package for 2nd pax).

So unless the internet is worth $260 - $188.30 = $71.70 to you, you should have stayed with the prior deal I think... UNLESS you did in fact get a premium package by making the change, in which case you come out about $70 ahead.

I just looked to book that sailing, and the funny thing is the promo you got was the Suites are Best promo I think (thats what popped up for me looking at a concierge), but you booked concierge. I think that this is likely a website related issue, and why you had a hassle with it. So if this is the case, then Premium Beverages are part of that package, which shouldn't; apply to concierge cabins, but the website is displaying anyway...

Any chance it was the last cabin in the category?

I've noticed when I start to do a booking and cancel on line, that cabin remains off market for sale for a period of time. Often I'm looking at last sale suites, and find if I leave reservation come back in a few minutes, no cabin, but come back an hour later its back for sale.

In essence it is made to allow one who finds a cabin to keep it thru the booking process, and not allow someone someplace else to grab the same one at the same time.

Yes, it was the last one left. Thanks.

Good choice! Make sure you get the chocolate chip cookie for dessert. :D

You got a PREMIUM beverage package? I thought the perks were Classic Package, except for Suites get Premium?

You had 2 perks originally. Assume you'd have taken $300 OBC and beverages for 2 which value at $908.60 (assuming classic, $1073.80 if premium)

Now for $260 more you get Gratuities paid (value of $188.30 for 2) and unlimited internet, value $199 (technically $398, but I don't find value in the 2nd package for 2nd pax).

So unless the internet is worth $260 - $188.30 = $71.70 to you, you should have stayed with the prior deal I think... UNLESS you did in fact get a premium package by making the change, in which case you come out about $70 ahead.

I just looked to book that sailing, and the funny thing is the promo you got was the Suites are Best promo I think (thats what popped up for me looking at a concierge), but you booked concierge. I think that this is likely a website related issue, and why you had a hassle with it. So if this is the case, then Premium Beverages are part of that package, which shouldn't; apply to concierge cabins, but the website is displaying anyway...

Yes I get the premium Package. Yes she did mention that there might be a internet mistake. She then said that because it was advertised they were going to honor it. She quoted me as 1071.00 drink package. 300.00 OBC Unlimited Internet for 398.00 I already had gratuities and the classic package so I got premium drinks and 300 OBC and unlimited internet 398.00 for a total cost of 260.00

Glad you are happy and got the 4 perks :)