honeymoon recomendations/ help

yeeey im thinking this could be the one then . Any must see areas / things in boston? and what kind of Boston weather can we expect around that time. This cruise is also tail end of hurricane season so im hoping I encounter good weather onboard :-)

Of all you possible choices, I think you hit upon the best one. First and foremost, Serenade is a beautiful ship, in fact, one of my favorites. If you liked Rhapsody, then you will love Serenade--it's a larger and more sophisticated version, with a great layout, and beautiful public spaces that overlook the sea.

Boston, especially in October, is awesome. The weather is perfect for being outdoors and walking around sightseeing. Our favorite thing to do there is purchase tickets for the hop on/hop off tour bus and just hit the streets running. I highly recommend lunch at Union Oyster House, the oldest restaurant in continuous use in the U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Oyster_House

There is so much American history to absorb in Boston, and you will be able to enjoy much of it by just following the Freedom Trail.

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

This is a very unique itinerary, actually a repositioning cruise for this ship, and I think it would be a great honeymoon cruise. Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and I hope you enjoy whatever cruise you ultimately decide on and make wonderful memories.

Edited by KeywestK

Of all you possible choices, I think you hit upon the best one. First and foremost, Serenade is a beautiful ship, in fact, one of my favorites. If you liked Rhapsody, then you will love Serenade--it's a larger and more sophisticated version, with a great layout, and beautiful public spaces that overlook the sea.

Boston, especially in October, is awesome. The weather is perfect for being outdoors and walking around sightseeing. Our favorite thing to do there is purchase tickets for the hop on/hop off tour bus and just hit the streets running. I highly recommend lunch at Union Oyster House, the oldest restaurant in continuous use in the U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Oyster_House

There is so much American history to absorb in Boston, and you will be able to enjoy much of it by just following the Freedom Trail.

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

This is a very unique itinerary, actually a repositioning cruise for this ship, and I think it would be a great honeymoon cruise. Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and I hope you enjoy whatever cruise you ultimately decide on and make wonderful memories.

Thanks so much for all the information Im thinking this is definitely the one and look forward to booking it! I was thing on waiting to see if a buy one get one deal comes on or an al inclusive free drinks offer but not sure I can wait haha!

my oh is keen on flying into NYC as we can go direct to Newark cheaply and a short flight time so may do 2 nights in NYC then take the Amtrak train ( we love trains ) to boston seems pretty simple to do and stay in Boston for 2 nights pre cruise ? does this seem an ok option?

cruise finishes in Florida so we can fly home from there?

my oh is keen on flying into NYC as we can go direct to Newark cheaply and a short flight time so may do 2 nights in NYC then take the Amtrak train ( we love trains ) to boston seems pretty simple to do and stay in Boston for 2 nights pre cruise ? does this seem an ok option?

I'm voting for the Boston trip too, it's an awesome itinerary.

Yes you can take the train from NYC to Boston quite easily. There will be an express type train called the Acela or the regular train. It's about a 3.5-4 hour trip on the non-express trip.

I'm sure someone can help with the FL flight info

Edited by hansolosmom

That is an absolutely doable and smart plan. Do book the cruise soon, rather than wait for a "deal." Sadly, RCI offers "sales" all the time, when in fact they are not sales. Certainly once in a while some nice offers come along, but corporate has figured out how to manipulate the numbers so that the net cost always seems to be the same. My advice is book it now while you can get the cabin you prefer.

If you take the Amtrak Acela (express) train from NYC to Boston, be sure to make reservations well in advance.

Sounds like your honeymoon trip is coming together nicely. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post them. Lots of helpful and experienced travels here, and we are happy to offer guidance.

The Serenade cruise sounds amazing!! Plus a couple of nights in NY and Boston will be wonderful. I think this will be a beautiful honeymoon.

We did a New England cruise in October from NY that also stopped in Boston. Weather was beautiful in both cities. Had a fabulous time.

Edited by jk04

You do not need to explore any other options! NY & Boston are both exciting cities. The cruise ports are a bonus. I am SURE you will find other things to do while on board!:o

Do not wait to book this cruise...it will sell out fast!

DH and I enjoyed your country last year, please enjoy ours just as much. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:)