Allure arrival time

Can anyone tell me about what time Allure gets into Ft. Lauderdale on Sundays and at what time passengers are allowed off the ship? Trying to figure out if a 10am flight is doable. Thanks!

People are usually getting off the ship by 6:15am. If you opt for self-assist disembarkation and are near the front of the line to get off, you should have no problem making the flight, as long as that flight is from FLL.

Just to add to what Bob said, critical that you be downstairs to get in line by around 5:15 AM.

Really, we need to be in Line by 5:15? Wow, I was expecting to be in Line by 6:00 or so. We also have a Flight at "10ish"

Really, we need to be in Line by 5:15? Wow, I was expecting to be in Line by 6:00 or so. We also have a Flight at "10ish"

I would err on the early side in this case. More and more people are using self-assist.

Just got off Sunday. we were downstairs by 6:15 and second in line...off by 6:30 and at airport by 7

I will add to listen to the cruise directors remarks on day 6 and 7 regarding when the express departure begins. Things can change a little from week to week.

I too was on the Allure this past Sunday. The ship pulled into FLL about 5am.

We did self disembarkation as my sister had a flight from West Palm at 11:30am. We walked out of our cabin at 7am and were standing in the parking lot at 7:10am. There were no lines to get off the ship or through customs.

Can anyone tell me about what time Allure gets into Ft. Lauderdale on Sundays and at what time passengers are allowed off the ship? Trying to figure out if a 10am flight is doable. Thanks!

That is pretty tight. Ships can & do arrive late.

When we were on the Ventura last summer due to bad weather were about 4 hours late in. It was approaching lunch time when we were able to disembark.

I have to echo the last poster.

Ships aren't all that different from airplanes. Most of the time, they arrive on-time as advertised. And sometimes they don't.

Your 10 am flight is plenty doable, but know that you are taking a risk. Conventional wisdom says any flight before noon is taking a risk. Having said that, I take that risk all the time on the way home.

That is pretty tight. Ships can & do arrive late.

When we were on the Ventura last summer due to bad weather were about 4 hours late in. It was approaching lunch time when we were able to disembark.

This is not "pretty tight". One random anecdote from another ship in another port had little impact on what happens in Port Everglades. The flight time mentioned is TOTALLY reasonable.

The problem is that most cruisers (or at least most posters here) are "scared travelers". They want everything to be safe, comfortable and easy. They like to get to the airport 2 plus hours before their flight "just in case". And after a cruise, they'd rather sit at the airport for hours waiting for their late afternoon flight than take the 1 in 300 chance of missing a flight. Because God forbid they have to deviate from their original plans. There are far worse realities than missing a flight, it happens all the time. Pick a reasonable departure time (as the OP has absolutely done), take the appropriate steps, and it will probably work out. If you can't handle that minute degree of uncertainty, then by all means, enjoys sitting airside for five hours waiting for the afternoon flight...

...after a cruise, they'd rather sit at the airport for hours waiting for their late afternoon flight than take the 1 in 300 chance of missing a flight...
Port Everglades (the OP's port of disembarkation, and the port you addressed) waterside generally runs smoothly, so problems there tend to be either ships having mechanical problems and arriving late or CBP issues. I might buy 1 in 300 in Port Everglades. But during the winter I'd say Tampa has a 1 in 20 (or worse) probability of late arrival due to fog. Usually the fog clears around noon, but last year (Feb 2015) Brilliance of the Seas was two days late getting into port solely due to fog. Luckily I spend the winter in the Tampa Bay area, so I don't have to play airplane roulette...:rolleyes:

IMO one should consider what happens IF you miss your flight. Will your airline allow you a no cost move to a later flight? If not, how much will it cost you? What is the probability of finding available seats on a later flight that day? How much will it cost you if you have to stay another day? If you are scheduled to work the next day, how forgiving will they be if you don't make it back? Given the answers to those questions, it might be worth it to sit airside for some hours.

Thom

• 4 months later...
Just got off Sunday. we were downstairs by 6:15 and second in line...off by 6:30 and at airport by 7

We plan on self-disembarking for our Cruise in June on the Allure (Port Everglades).

My question is, given the comment above, have recent Allure Passengers been successful disembarking an being at the FLL Airport by 8:00 a.m.

I'm looking at a 9:30 Flight.

Thanks

We plan on self-disembarking for our Cruise in June on the Allure (Port Everglades).

My question is, given the comment above, have recent Allure Passengers been successful disembarking an being at the FLL Airport by 8:00 a.m.

I'm looking at a 9:30 Flight.

Thanks

We got off the Allure Dec 4 at were through security at st the gate at 7:20am for a 9:40am flight

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

This is not "pretty tight". One random anecdote from another ship in another port had little impact on what happens in Port Everglades. The flight time mentioned is TOTALLY reasonable.

The problem is that most cruisers (or at least most posters here) are "scared travelers". They want everything to be safe, comfortable and easy. They like to get to the airport 2 plus hours before their flight "just in case". And after a cruise, they'd rather sit at the airport for hours waiting for their late afternoon flight than take the 1 in 300 chance of missing a flight. Because God forbid they have to deviate from their original plans. There are far worse realities than missing a flight, it happens all the time. Pick a reasonable departure time (as the OP has absolutely done), take the appropriate steps, and it will probably work out. If you can't handle that minute degree of uncertainty, then by all means, enjoys sitting airside for five hours waiting for the afternoon flight...

Or, you know, travelers who have considered the risks inherent in the various options available to them...

If you need to be home that day and missing the 10am flight would cause you financial or other loss (like not getting home in time to pick up your pets etc) it's sensible to consider that a 10am flight might not be the best choice. This not a minute uncertainty, there are many factors which affect the traveller but which are outside the traveller's control.

Edited by BekkaW

Port Everglades (the OP's port of disembarkation, and the port you addressed) waterside generally runs smoothly, so problems there tend to be either ships having mechanical problems and arriving late or CBP issues. I might buy 1 in 300 in Port Everglades. But during the winter I'd say Tampa has a 1 in 20 (or worse) probability of late arrival due to fog. Usually the fog clears around noon, but last year (Feb 2015) Brilliance of the Seas was two days late getting into port solely due to fog. Luckily I spend the winter in the Tampa Bay area, so I don't have to play airplane roulette...:rolleyes:

IMO one should consider what happens IF you miss your flight. Will your airline allow you a no cost move to a later flight? If not, how much will it cost you? What is the probability of finding available seats on a later flight that day? How much will it cost you if you have to stay another day? If you are scheduled to work the next day, how forgiving will they be if you don't make it back? Given the answers to those questions, it might be worth it to sit airside for some hours.

Thom

Really? It's pretty simple. You miss your flight you do standby on the next flight for FREE. IF you're really concerned you won't get a seat you pay the $75 confirmed change and life moves on. The drama people put into this is unreal.

I flew 20 times in 2016 and I missed at least 5 planes I didn't have to pay a cent to take the next plane... I have the i don't care if I miss it attitude and it's served me just fine over the years.

Edited by theboss7593

...You miss your flight you do standby on the next flight for FREE. IF you're really concerned you won't get a seat you pay the $75 confirmed change and life moves on...
This Saturday, Port Everglades has 6 incoming cruise ships, with approximately 20,000 disembarking passengers (a fairly average winter weekend day). If only half of the disembarked passengers head for FLL, that is 10,000 cruise-to-air passengers in addition to normal weekend travel. So you're sure that if you miss your flight there will be plenty of available seats on later flight?:confused:

Airlines can let you standby for a later flight without a change fee, but unless you have a fully refundable ticket they have no obligation to do so. Even if they waive the change fee, they still have the right to charge you the walk-up fare for that later flight if that is higher than the ticket price you paid (and it probably will be). Airlines tend to be pretty generous to high status Frequent Flyers and to people who fly on a ticket paid for by a major business customers, but if you travel once a year on a deep discount ticket I'm not believing that the airline is going to cut that passenger much slack. I have no problem if you "have the i don't care if I miss it attitude", but that is poor advice to give to others.

BTW do you even realize that you are responded to something I wrote 5 months ago?

Really? It's pretty simple. You miss your flight you do standby on the next flight for FREE. IF you're really concerned you won't get a seat you pay the $75 confirmed change and life moves on. The drama people put into this is unreal.

I flew 20 times in 2016 and I missed at least 5 planes I didn't have to pay a cent to take the next plane... I have the i don't care if I miss it attitude and it's served me just fine over the years.

Last month Port @ Ft Lauderdale delays at customs caused most people not getting threw til after 10am. I had ticket 15, didn't bother me I had flight at 4pm. Didn't get to airport until 11:10. As I sat there at airport there were Delta Airline travelers that were on standby all day. Some were told they probably have to fly out next day. And this was smaller Serenade at the bigger Pier 18. Funny thing was my next cruise Dec 23 Serenade went to pier 25, customs was fasted I've seen since before 9/11. I'll take the later flight and not take even small chance miss a flight or even longer delay...