AMAZING time on the Splendor cruising solo!

I always sail out of Miami since I live 30 minutes away from the port. I always cruise with my mother and nephew, but they couldn't make it this time. I got to port at 11:00, and was on the ship at 11:30. This has been the earliest that I have ever boarded out of my 28 cruises. Embarkation was a breeze.

I booked an inside cabin since I was cruising by myself. When I cruise with my mother and nephew, we book a balcony.

As soon as I boarded the ship, I headed to my cabin, but it wasn't ready yet since it was 11:30 even though I had priority boarding. I headed to lido deck to have lunch. I went to the burrito bar, and had a whole wheat burrito with chicken and shrimp. It was so delicious.

After I ate lunch, I went to my cabin which was ready. I dropped off my carry on bag, and went to check out promenade deck and back to the lido deck. It was very cloudy so I didn't go to the pool like I usually do.

The muster drill took 30 minutes. It was the start to the perfect cruise. Everything went smooth on this cruise. The only inconvenience on this cruise was the long muster drill.

Since I went on this cruise by myself, I had assigned seating at 6:00. I went to see the Maitre D' about my seating arrangement, and was told that there were 3 other solos at my table, and a mother and daughter. (Out of my 28 cruises, I have sailed solo 4 times. As a solo, I had always eaten at the buffet for dinner). I'm so glad that I decided to eat in the main dining room because I had the best table mates. We always hung out after dinner and enjoyed the entertainment all over the ship(production shows, karaoke, comedy, etc) I like assigned dinner a lot more now. I had missed having the same waiters every night. Our waiters were amazing, and we were never at dinner more than an hour. On our last few cruises, there has been a super long wait for anytime dining any time that you go.

The cast of the Playlist productions on this ship is the best that I have seen. They're all amazing performers, singers, and dancers.

In Ocho Rios, I booked the River Tubing excursion through Carnival. I loved it!

In Grand Cayman, I booked the Dolphin Encounter and Turtle Farm excursion also through Carnival. I highly recommend it.

In Cozumel, I went paddle boarding. I had done this excursion before, and I loved it. This time, not so much because it was windy.

The Cruise Director, Chloe Loddo is one of Carnival's best. She's super funny, brilliant, and a true professional.

This ship is absolutely beautiful, and there are so many fun activities scheduled. All of the staff on the ship was amazing.

Debarkation was a breeze. I was off the ship at 7:30, and home by 8:00.

Thanks for the great review, I will be on the Splendor in October, first time on this ship.

Joann

I love sailing solo and I love Splendor. Sailed 5X on her in 2014 and would have continued to had she not been moved to Miami.

It was an easy journey to NYC from NJ.

Looking into possibly going again in early winter perhaps combined with a road trip...it's not that I won't fly, I just don't like to!

I love sailing solo and I love Splendor. Sailed 5X on her in 2014 and would have continued to had she not been moved to Miami.

It was an easy journey to NYC from NJ.

Looking into possibly going again in early winter perhaps combined with a road trip...it's not that I won't fly, I just don't like to!

I loved the Splendor! So sorry that she's no longer close to you. My favorite ship is the Breeze. I sailed on her 4 times, but they moved her from Miami. I live 30 minutes away from the port of Miami. I hope that you sail on her soon.

Thanks so much! They haven't said when she goes to China, but when she was refurbished, they didn't include the Guy's or Iguana Cantina because they say that in China they wouldn't enjoy those options. Also before boarding see your Maitre D' to see if you are seated with other solos.

A late thank you!!!!:):(:)