150% surcharge for Single booking and I'm in!

After unsuccessfully trying to find a travelmate to room with me so I could sail with some friends on AOS 11/27, and avoid the usual 200% surcharge, I found the Happy Hour specials for this past Tuesday, and low and behold, only 150% surcharge for singles! Yeah! I got it and I'm booked in a D2 for a price I can afford.

After unsuccessfully trying to find a travelmate to room with me so I could sail with some friends on AOS 11/27, and avoid the usual 200% surcharge, I found the Happy Hour specials for this past Tuesday, and low and behold, only 150% surcharge for singles! Yeah! I got it and I'm booked in a D2 for a price I can afford.

Congrads !!! But still you have to feel bad for the single bookers!

I personally always cruise in my own cabin. I like having it to myself. I figure the extra cost is worth it to me. I even have gone alone totally on a cruise and loved it too. Enjoy, you are your own and wont have to worry about anyone else messing up your cabin with their drawers all over the place!

Why do you feel bad for the single bookers. I say...Lucky them.

CONGRATS (With a T) to the OP!

I feel bad that they have to pay so much! I understand from the cruise lines point of few. But, maybe it would be nice if they offered a better program for the rooms that were not sold out at the end of the sailing date to singles.

I personally always cruise in my own cabin. I like having it to myself. I figure the extra cost is worth it to me. I even have gone alone totally on a cruise and loved it too. Enjoy, you are your own and wont have to worry about anyone else messing up your cabin with their drawers all over the place!

I so agree! I would definately cruise alone if I needed to. No problems here!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/

sometimes they come up late Thurs -- ususally no later than Fri mid-morning and lately they've run some Wednesday specials. Only 200% surcharge listed on this week's specials. I originally got the link a couple of months ago when someone else posted it on this site.

My feelings exactly. Great deal at 150%. I have sailed solo a few times, 2 times on HAL, once on Celebrity, both under 150%. Anything over 150% is too pricey for me. You will love solo cruising.

Marie

I am going alone on this next cruise and it does kind of irk me that the single supplement is 200%. On such an inexpensive cruise it's not so bad, but I am looking at a week out of SJU next year and unfortunately it's probably gonna have to be on Carnival since they offer so much better singles rates. I'd much prefer to stick w/ RCCL but looking at the rates for a single traveler on Carnival Destiny it's $820 inside versus $1660 inside for AOS. Granted the AOS is @ $200 more to start with but that is a huge difference and will buy a LOT of drinks/excursions/etc. Carnival's single supplement in that case is about 135% and it makes a big difference. I'd prefer to stick w/ Royal but I just don't think they're worth double the money. :( I wish they were more single-friendly.

Have 'bunked' in all classes of rooms on a lot of ships with my husband and enjoyed myself a lot plus have tried (just once) having an arranged cabinmate but since I started cruising 'single' I have adored it..not only in my own cabin but alone on the cruise also. U can do whatever, whenever u want without havin' to concern yourself with anything or anyone else...nothing can beat that for rejuvenating yourself even at 200% of the cruise fare..Most ladies will know of whence I speak. No considerations but what u want to do even at 3 am in the morning. Have gotten up, looked out the window (not an inside fan but have even done that alone) or sat on the balcony having a drink, watching the moon & stars, gently seduced by the warm air and soft night ocean sounds without worrying about disturbing anyone else. Unbeatable and worth every penny spent.. 150% is great but I wldn't miss 'my' time for any amt of $ these days..I can't spend any when I am 6' under - right?? Have had to cut back my cruisin' when $ got tight but better that than not going 'single'!! Bonus also is that folks are more interested in u when travelling single and u can make some wonderful new friends..& I am not really an extrovert..

Happy (& single) cruisin'!

Archived