Moderate Price for Venice Italy Hotel - May 2006

reader5

Could anyone provide me with the name of a moderately priced Venice hotel for May 2006. I have been checking all the travel sites but the rates are very expensive.

Any advice would be appreciated. Hoping to stay one night post cruise in Venice since the air times so far are extremely early and don't think we could comfortably make the connection from Venice.

What do you consider to be a "moderate" price? Venice is by nature a very expensive hotel area. Your best bet would be to look for properties in the Mestre area. (Other side of the river).

Last summer my wife and I stayed at the Domus Ciliota, a hotel recently constructed in an old convent. It is convenient to the San Samuele vaporetto stop and no more than a 15 minute walk to Piazza San Marco -- but in a very quiet neighborhood. The furnishing are basic but comfortable; the breakfast is terrific (chocolate croissant to die for). It seems to serve conference and student groups, but others travelers are welcome. It is airconditioned and has an elevator. The website is http://www.ciliota.it. We paid 105 or 110 euros, which is very cheap for Venice.

We have booked the Duodo Palace in Venice for 2 nights before our May cruise. We thought it was fairly reasonable at £340 for a King Superior Room, including breakfast,for the two nights. It has very good reviews on www.tripadvisor.com, is a 4 star hotel and close to St Marks Square.

We booked it through www.hotelconnect.co.uk

Enjoy Venice - we leave on the Mille on the 26th May, how about you?

Try the MonteCarlo - it's a Best Western and very comfortable and central. We have stayed there and can recommend it. It is only half a minute from St. Marks and they will arrange a water taxi to take you up at the airport as they have there own water taxi stop outside. I believe it's a former Venetian Palace - give it a look on the BW website. The rates we paid were very reasonable.

Marge M.

we stayed at the Foscari Palace last year, booked through expedia and it was great. Like most hotels, if you stay away from the ones around St Marks the price drops a lot. Foscari is a 15th c merchants palace that has been converted last year - so it has amazing showers etcis on the Garnde Canal at C'a Dor and includes a really fantastic breakfast in the price. You are in an area with the locals but right by a water bus stop 10 mins from St Marks

We opted to stay in Maestre at the Hotel Plaza. It was the best decision we ever made. Directly across the st. from the train and jump on and 1 stop to Venice. Took a whole 2 min. They were great about sending a limo to pick us up at the airport for a very minimal charge and no lugging luggage on boats. For one night I would highly recommend doing this.

Marilyn

In the past, we've stayed at the Capri and at the Carlton...Both can be had for what I consider "moderate" prices--at least for Venice and are both very convenient to the RR Station and to the bus/taxi hub at Piazza Roma...

This next trip this coming July, I have booked the Hotel Anastasia...right near Piazza San Marco for a mere 130 euros per night...

http://anastasia.hotelinvenice.com/main_en.htm?source=

It gets pretty good ratings and reviews on Tripadvisor...

My alternate choice was Violin d'Oro, also near P. San Marco...they wanted 150 euro a night for my dates...

Good luck...

Archived