UBP and premium brands

Lyss_in_NH

Yes and no....

The UBP excludes "Super Premium" beverages and Patron and flavored Grey Goose are classified as Super Premium while normal Grey Goose is just Premium.

Drink list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2348836 (post #2)

UBP T&Cs: https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

When items are excluded, the $15 allowance is not a factor

Edited by esm54687

Yes and no....

The UBP excludes "Super Premium" beverages and Patron and flavored Grey Goose are classified as Super Premium while normal Grey Goose is just Premium.

Drink list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2348836 (post #2)

UBP T&Cs: https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

When items are excluded, the $15 allowance is not a factor

Has anyone verified this to be true? To me this looks like NCL now has a list of drinks that will cost you the full price, regardless of having the UBP. By simply moving more top shelf liquor into that list of "super premium" they can effectively cut the cost of providing the UBP as a promo and increase liquor spending on board.

Has anyone verified this to be true? To me this looks like NCL now has a list of drinks that will cost you the full price, regardless of having the UBP. By simply moving more top shelf liquor into that list of "super premium" they can effectively cut the cost of providing the UBP as a promo and increase liquor spending on board.

I hadn't really ever read through the T&C on the UBP since I don't drink very much (sort of a waste on me). But, I see what you mean.

I guess a good example is the bucket of beer. Do you get $15 off that? (and, I truly don't know - just asking).

It seems like *some* items you may get to deduct the $15, while others you cannot (I know that coffees are totally excluded - always have been).

So, using the coffees as a reference, then, I would gather the answer may now be "excluded"?

Good thing I have OBC. :rolleyes:

Yes... I can verify that Super Premium beverages are excluded and cost me the full price plus 18% on both the Breakaway and Dawn (I purchased one per ship so that I would know what to expect)

Using the specialty coffee as an example..... if the coffee is "excluded" and you do NOT get a $15 allowance towards your latte.... then when NCL says Super Premium is "excluded" why would you expect to get a $15 allowance towards the Patron... same with Bucket of Beers.... it's excluded and you pay full price for the Bucket plus 18%

Of course, this also depends on your bartender and if they pour you a Patron but ring it up as house tequila because you've been a good tipper.... that's a different animal

You are correct that moving things from one column to another is a huge cost saving opportunity ... I am not judging if it is right or wrong or not ethical or fantastic business sense... just passing along the T&Cs and how they may \ are applied

Edited by esm54687

It is hard to know what the case is. The T&C mention "designated" super premium brands. Not all super premium brands. A few weeks ago when the super premium brands were only $10.95 they were included in the UBP.

If they are still included, they should cost you the difference of $15 to $16.95 plus the 18% gratuity.

Unfortunately because NCL doesn't communicate well with its upcoming passengers, there is no way to know. If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't even be aware of the price changes.

Yes... I can verify that Super Premium beverages are excluded and cost me the full price plus 18% on both the Breakaway and Dawn (I purchased one per ship so that I would know what to expect)

Using the specialty coffee as an example..... if the coffee is "excluded" and you do NOT get a $15 allowance towards your latte.... then when NCL says Super Premium is "excluded" why would you expect to get a $15 allowance towards the Patron... same with Bucket of Beers.... it's excluded and you pay full price for the Bucket plus 18%

Of course, this also depends on your bartender and if they pour you a Patron but ring it up as house tequila because you've been a good tipper.... that's a different animal

You are correct that moving things from one column to another is a huge cost saving opportunity ... I am not judging if it is right or wrong or not ethical or fantastic business sense... just passing along the T&Cs and how they may \ are applied

Thank you for confirming, Scott.