7/31 - 8/7 Breakaway to Bermuda Review

DebQ5

Thank you for the review. Question I live in southern nh, how was the drive?

How long it take roughly? Did you do 95 or the back way through Hartford?

Also sounds like when you said got into the terminal and second waiting area with coffee and snacks you were in the haven lounge?

Thank you[/quote

I live in southern MA and it took us about 3.5 hours. It was a very fast drive on the Sunday morning.

We were not in the Haven, alas... the coffee and snacks I was referring to were for purchase. There are two "general" waiting areas. We ultimately ended up in the one furthest from the security lines as they were letting people in before the first one (where we were instructed to sit). Hope that helps!

We were on the same cruise (all 14 of us) and had a blast! Only negative was the "shanghai sp??) restaurant and getting off the ship in Manhattan!

Glad you had a good time too! Agree about Shanghai... not the best use of space IMHO. I

My husband and I will be on the Breakaway in November to the Bahamas. It will be our 4th time in 4 years. We love it, needless to say. We never had a problem embarking. But last October, it took over 3 hours to get off. When we got to the terminal it was clear why - 4000+ people getting off a ship and only 4 custom lines open. Certainly not NCL's issue!! Can't wait to sail again!!!!!

I think all of this will vary from week to week. I was on the Breakaway cruise to Bermuda departing NY on June 19th, very busy cruise with lots of families. My husband and I had breakfast every day in either Taste or Savor and never had a problem with food not being served hot. A pot of coffee was always brought over immediately and left on the table. Sometimes juice was served promptly, sometimes when breakfast was delivered.

Our ship arrived back in NY at around 6 AM. That day we went to the buffet for a quick breakfast and were pleasantly surprised as we generally avoid the buffet. We went back to our room and on our balcony watched the gangway being connected. We started seeing passengers disembarking and so we left to join them at around 7:30 walking off with our luggage. Went very quickly and we cleared customs in about 5 minutes, grabbed a cab and were in Penn Station to make a train that left Penn at 8:22 AM

i like 'what' you reviewed and how you did it. little things like the embark info mean a lot to newbies to the terminal.

i'm also considering self debark. however i do not see myself waiting in line over 1 hour to get off like you saw those others. id prefer to sit on a comfy couch somewhere and wait that hour.

you stated you did breakfast in the dining room. would it be fair to say every day was less crowded than the buffet there? id definitely prefer a more relaxed bfast experience than fighting buffet lines. also i dont really want to fill up at a buffet as there's free food all day everywhere

Yeah, we are sailing on Aug 21-28. I figure I will sit on the ship until they make us leave- by then it will be less crowded. We are going to and from New York by train from Washington DC so no hurry to get off.

Thanks for the great review. We are going August 21 and your review was very helpful. I don't plan on going to the pool either. We are staying in a Haven suite and have a huge aft balcony so anyone have any recent Haven reviews please let us know.