Atlantic Hotel

djandnic

Would like feedback on the Atlantic Hotel; recent stays and availability of restaurants in the area (walking distance < 1 mile).

I have looked on Trip Advisor and it seems to get good reviews, but I'm interested from this forum as well. Looking at staying there for a couple days prior to a January cruise. Appreciate the information.

And yes, I tried to do a search, but either got every thread with the word Atlantic or Hotel in it and really did give me what I was looking for. Thanks.

Would like feedback on the Atlantic Hotel; recent stays and availability of restaurants in the area (walking distance < 1 mile).

I have looked on Trip Advisor and it seems to get good reviews, but I'm interested from this forum as well. Looking at staying there for a couple days prior to a January cruise. Appreciate the information.

And yes, I tried to do a search, but either got every thread with the word Atlantic or Hotel in it and really did give me what I was looking for. Thanks.

Are you talking about the Atlantic Hotel and Spa in Fort Lauderdale? If so, me and my hubby stayed there one night pre cruise in December, 2015. We thought it was a very nice hotel and we found quite a bit of places within walking distance. We ate at Lulu's Bait Shack and Hooter's. I think it was less than a mile, but when you start walking, it's hard to say how far. There was also a Walgreen's very close to the hotel if you need last minute things. When we checked into the hotel, we were upgraded to a suite and it was nice and big. We weren't ocean front, but could see the ocean from the side. The next morning we went down to front desk and asked for a taxi and by the time we went outside and sat down, the taxi was there. We highly recommend. Hope this helps your decision and have a great cruise. Bonnie

If it's Atlantic Hotel in Ft Lauderdale, it's very nice and there are restaurants nearby....

Beauty and the Feast

Sun Surf Sand

French Cafe at Hilton (has counter service and a few tables).

Steak 954

Westin Hotel has a restaurant

Casablanca Cafe

Everything at BeachPlace

These are all south of the hotel. There are a few north of the hotel but nothing really good unless you want Primante's pizza (more of a takeout but has a few tables.) The Deck is just north of the hotel but I haven't eaten there.

Thanks for all the feedback, yes, sorry Atlantic in Fort Lauderdale (I knew what I meant :)).

Read something on Trip Advisor about people owning rooms and then they get rented out from some of the discount reservation services like Expedia, etc. They indicated they had to pay extra for room cleaning, t-paper, etc. Does any of this make sense? Seems if you're booking a hotel room you should get a hotel room, not a rental unit disguised as a hotel room.

Thanks for all the feedback, yes, sorry Atlantic in Fort Lauderdale (I knew what I meant :)).

Read something on Trip Advisor about people owning rooms and then they get rented out from some of the discount reservation services like Expedia, etc. They indicated they had to pay extra for room cleaning, t-paper, etc. Does any of this make sense? Seems if you're booking a hotel room you should get a hotel room, not a rental unit disguised as a hotel room.

Every single one of the accommodations in the Atlantic Hotel (as well as the Ritz Carlton, The W, The Hilton, etc) are individually owned. The hotel is the actual property management company.

Just because you buy a property in the hotel doesn't mean you automatically go on the hotel's rental program. Some people like to save money and rent it out themselves or through a vehicle like VRBO or Homeaway.

When you do that, you pay for housekeeping and other things that are included when you rent through the hotel.

Renting through the hotel is a little more expensive.

Renting through a third party will require a mandatory maid fee.

Either way, you are going to pay so I'd just rent through the hotel and be done with it.

Edited by BlueHerons