Southwest- How far in advance do they post

mozfoz

Southwest also recently made a change for printing out your boarding pass early. In the past you could only do it on the day of your flight. It's now a full 24 hours prior to flight. I have a flight out tomorrow (10/28) at 6:50am, I was able to print my passes at 7:00 this morning! :D

I have the same problem! I called SWA, and the lady told me that April flights will not open up until Dec. 9. We need March 25, and returning April 2. She suggested purchasing one-way tickets, and then when the April flights open up, purchase the return tickets. I had her put the March 25 flights on a 24-hour hold so I can figure out what to do. I can't believe how fast those darn flights filled up (the cheap ones, anyway!). Rats! :mad:

Yes, I had the same problem. I wanted to return from our cruise on Feb. 4th. Until today, the flights schedule was cut off on Feb. 3rd.

So................I booked our flight down to FLL about a month ago for Jan. 28th. Then I bookmarked the Southwest website and checked it every morning and afternoon.(takes 5 seconds, before someone says "Get a life, Doug!") Lo and behold this afternoon the new reservation dates appeared. I was first in line to get the times/prices for Feb. 4th.

Book two one-way flights. There are no real advantages of booking a round trip. Southwest is a great airline!

Yes, I had the same problem. I wanted to return from our cruise on Feb. 4th. Until today, the flights schedule was cut off on Feb. 3rd.

So................I booked our flight down to FLL about a month ago for Jan. 28th. Then I bookmarked the Southwest website and checked it every morning and afternoon.(takes 5 seconds, before someone says "Get a life, Doug!") Lo and behold this afternoon the new reservation dates appeared. I was first in line to get the times/prices for Feb. 4th.

Book two one-way flights. There are no real advantages of booking a round trip. Southwest is a great airline!

Thanks, honcho, that makes me feel better. I will go ahead and buy the flights TO Tampa today, and then get the return flights in December when they open up. I do love Southwest, I've just never run into this problem before. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't get the cheapest flights ~ could have saved myself $500!! Oh, well, I'm recovering from surgery, so I guess I'll cut myself a little slack for being asleep at the wheel.

Thanks, honcho, that makes me feel better. I will go ahead and buy the flights TO Tampa today, and then get the return flights in December when they open up. I do love Southwest, I've just never run into this problem before. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't get the cheapest flights ~ could have saved myself $500!! Oh, well, I'm recovering from surgery, so I guess I'll cut myself a little slack for being asleep at the wheel.

Sue,

Hope your recovery is quick and complete.

If you're keeping an eye out for SWA's new reservation dates coming online, the last two times they appeared early afternoon - about 1:30-2:00. Likely no guarantee but it might give you a foot in the door. Hope you get the times/prices you want.

Doug.

Sue,

Hope your recovery is quick and complete.

If you're keeping an eye out for SWA's new reservation dates coming online, the last two times they appeared early afternoon - about 1:30-2:00. Likely no guarantee but it might give you a foot in the door. Hope you get the times/prices you want.

Doug.

Thanks, Doug, for the well wishes! I'm definitely on the mend!

Although the lady at SWA told me the tickets for April will open up on Dec. 9, you can bet I will be checking at least twice a day for at least a week or two before that date! I won't be caught snoozing again. :) I just got off the phone with SWA to purchase the one-way tickets I had on hold, so at least I have HALF my trip taken care of.

Hi!

I never tried Ding yet because I am not sure how it works? I think you are supposed to leave computer on all the time and listening for a ding sound?

I am deaf and I cant figure how to be on top of this stuff.

Anyone knows how Ding works?

I need to book EIGHT tickets for May 19/20th cruise date...so I really need the CHEAPEST price!

There is a little icon that will appear on the bottom of your screen toolbar and when there is a new special, an envelope will appear to alert you.

Good luck on scoring your tickets, although I think you will have to wait a few weeks until they open up that time period.

Archived