Miracle 10-16

tigereye

Sailed out of Tampa on Sunday and we were told before we boarded that the possibility of a change in itenerary was probable. I don't care, just get me on the ship. Sure enough, we missed Grand Cayman and Costa Maya and went to Progresso instead. I have not cared for Grand Cayman since I did the stingray tour twice so the change was OK with me. Really liked the ship, even the dining room was pretty with all those...lights. Food was delicious. I don't think that I have had better on any other cruise. Even the food on the Lido was well above average. I did'n care for the music on the Lido. I think steel drum is more appropriate than, I guess the band should be considered kind of oldies soul. Not bad, just not appropriate to me. The intertainment was very good. Both the Vegas type shows were very good. Comediens just so-so. Oldies band in Frankie and Johnies was good, but my favorite club was Sam's Piano bar with David. Great party almost every night. David knows all the good songs and doesn't mind if you want to sing. We had a balcony and received a 4 catagory upgrade and really injoyed this.Our balcony was about 18-20 inches deeper than some of the others so we had a little extra room. Or chair was missing when we boarded, along with our hair dryer, but these were replaced before morning. We asked our steward to open our mini fridge and we put all the contents in the cabinet beside it so that we could put some stuff in it. This worked very well. I don't think the social crew works extremely hard on this ship. There were few activities and they were mostly the tired old games that have been done over and over. I would like to see some creativity with this. I never made it to Bingo but my wife enjoyed a few games. She also hit the slots for a little cash a couple of times but nothing big. The Captain did an outstanding job of keeping us away from the stormy weather. The water was just slightly rough a couple of days but overall the weather was good all week. Heard some complaints about going to Progresso, but this was my first time there and I enjoyed the Old Mexican feel it had. Also enjoyed tha palapas on the beach. After a few shots I bought some silly gifts that the vendors were selling on the beach. This was fun. They brought the stuff right to your table and demonstrated.

I would highly recommed this ship to anyone, but for some reason the passengers on this ship seemed to be older than any that I have been on in the past. This was not a problem as I am mid 50's, just information that someone might want. I partied with older and younger than I am so don't let age bear too much weight in choosing a ship.

I might think of something else later, but need to get to work now. Please post any questions that you have.

I'll be on the Holiday again in May, so Carnival, here I come again.

Hi, I'm glad you had a great time. I'm seriously considering the Miracle for next year. I've read all the reviews and it really sounds good.

Do you remember the name of the oldies group that was in Frankie's and Johnny's? I just came back from the Triumph to Canada trip and we had the Music Boardwalk Group. They were very good.

Hey Tigereye.....Who was the Cruise Director on your sailing? I have heard several different CD's in the last couple of months for the Miracle. Just wondering if there is a new one. Whoever it was, was he funny and did he interact a lot with the cruisers? Thanks for any info.

Robebrady, Mark Hawkins is the CD on the Miracle. He does interact pretty well with the audience, but he doesn't seem to be around much. When I would see him around the ship he would always stop and talk. He is pretty funny. I can't remember the name of the band in Frankie and Johnnies and I can't spell Phillipino so I can't give you their nationality, but they were very good. Lots of oldies including the Beatles in the Tribute in the Phantom Lounge.

Sixty-Six it was good meeting you and yours. I hope we'll meet on another cruise sometime. It will always be fun. Gathers Rain has been kinda quiet...and that may be a good thing.

Sorry to hear about your Mom sixty-six, she and your family will certainly be in our prayers.

Runner, about the beach in Progresso. It is a 51/2 mile shuttle trip from the ship into town. Once in town you turn left at the corner after passing through all the flea market stuff and it is only about 2 blocks to the beach. Very short and interesting walk. You will se things that are a little different than in the States, like chickens being cleaned on tables at curbside. Sounds good, huh? I did buy a coconut and had it chopped open on one end with a straw inserted. It was cool and tasted pretty jazzy. We really enjoyed the beach. If you like the flea market type shopping, and I do, you can have a blast here. I don't know about any excursions, sorry, but I do think that you can have fun in this old Mexican setting.

HEy Tiger GR going to have some good news today. He become a Garndpa Hope he got them Cubins(SP) Customs:D :D :D

Progresso Now theres an experances. Was not bad. Only Made a right insted of left to the beach. So got a real tast of Progresso and the way they live.

Archived