Just Booked!!! Alaska from San Francisco

Lori in AZ

I am sooooo excited!!!

I just booked it as a surprise Christmas gift for our family of 8.

Since we are so big, I had to book the cheapest two quad cabins with oceanview only at the bottom of the ship. I would prefer two cabins with balcony. At least, we can go all together!

This cruise is going out of SF to Alaska for 12 days on May 20th.

San Francisco, California, Victoria, British Columbia, Hubbard Glacier (Cruising), Skagway, Alaska, Juneau, Alaska, Icy Strait Point, Alaska, Sitka, Alaska, Prince Rupert, B.C., San Francisco, California

Anyone have done this intinerary before? We did Alaska cruise before for a week 3 1/2 years ago (it was a lot cheaper due to post-September 11th) and this ship will go to 4 different ports that we havent been to yet.

Is this ship Infinity worth the $$$ of the cramped quad cabins?

Thanks!

Lori, hope you have a great Cruise! Make sure you all register for the CC Party. To enhance your pre cruise experience go to Cruise Critic Connections, see top right box on this page!

You can gain a lot of knowledge and friends by joining that board, think you will find others who can answer any questions you might have.

Lucky_Jim

My wife Linda and I want to welcome you Lori, we are also booked on the May 20th Infinity trip. We took the exact same trip last year on May 16, 2005. Liked it so much we are repeating it, especially since we live 15 miles south of San Francisco and don't need any airfare. You mentioned Price Rupert in your intinerary, but that's only on the May 8th trip. We go to Vancouver instead I'm pretty sure. Look forward to chatting with you throughout the 7 months till we sail.

Dan & Linda

You mentioned Price Rupert in your intinerary, but that's only on the May 8th trip. We go to Vancouver instead I'm pretty sure.

Dan & Linda

Yeah, i meant to correct that one but didnt fix it. Thanks and yes, we choose this cruise because of at least 3 new ports that we havent seen. Almost all othe cruises from variouscompanies are pretty much standard and we have seen most all ports. So, I was thrilled to find something different this time.

Really excited!

Texed it is good to hear from you, thought it would be nice to sail from San Francisco for a change!

Will miss you in Vancouver by about a week; see you were booked on Summit this time around. We get back into Vancouver on 01 June as we do Infinity back to back cruises this time out.

Hope we get better weather than we both had in ’03 when it rained for six and a half days out of the seven.

BTW we had dinner with spleen98 and his charming wife when we were in Hawaii last Year.

Adina and I are looking forward to meeting both dbertel and Lori on our cruise.

Lucky_Jim

We did the 12 day r/t last May 28TH.

I don't really know how it could have been more beautiful.

Be sure to go into Hoonah when you visit Icy Strait Point.

They say a picture is wort 1000 words, click on the webshots link in my signature.

A real thrill sailing from San Francisco, and under the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge.

Often, there will be pedestrians on the bridge, waving bon voyage as you glide under - and if you are lucky, the Captain will give a mighty blast on the ship's whistle (horn) in return salute! It makes me tear up every time.

We did this in May 2003 only it was 8 days and we didn't go to Skagway or Glacier Bay. So your itinerary sounds great! We live in Chicago and our friends had never been to SF so we went a day early to see the city.

If you are not from the Bay area, go a day early and make sure you see the show "Beach Blanket Babylon" at the Club Fugazi. I think they say that it is the longest running show in the USA. It is a musical revue w/very talented performers.

You can see my review on this site. We were on Mercury that time.

Thanks Catmand & Norbert for the wonderful photos from your Alaska cruise.

I am thinking of making up a slideshow for our group, is it ok to include some of your shots, I would give you credit by imprinting your boad name on the shots that I use.

Nice suite Norbert, was that an upgrade that you snagged again!

Lucky_Jim

Hi Lucky Jim,

you can use my pictures for your slideshow.

The cabin was a Celebrity Suite. It was not an upgrade, we booked that cabin because it was our honeymoon. We booked it more than a year before the cruise so it was the same price as if you book an CC room 3 month before the cruise.

For Alaska it was a nice room but for the caribbean or other warm places I would prefere a balcony.:cool:

Hi Lori,

I am from Chandler, and we just booked the same sailing. We have sailed both the Infinity and the Summit enjoyed both, but especially the Infinity. We loved the food and the service! I am anxious to see if there have been many changes with entrtainment etc. since we sailed Infinity about three years ago.

Where in Arizona are you?

What a nice surprise that you are going too!

I am further south from you...about 2 hours.

This ship is new for us. We did Alaska on HAL and NCL, both a week long.

Are you bringing any kids if any? I have 5 kids from teen to 6. Thats why two quad cabins on the bottom of ship to save $$$ but it should be worth this cruise cuz we love love Alaska!

I started a Roll Call for this cruise and here is the link. Sounds like your recent posters will make it more active.

This will be my third year on this cruise so I must like it. The crew on the Infinity is ________________. I lost the word to discribe them.

(WOW. I just discovered that pressing the control key with the plus or minus keys changes font size.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=194300

My wife Linda and I want to welcome you Lori, we are also booked on the May 20th Infinity trip. We took the exact same trip last year on May 16, 2005. Liked it so much we are repeating it, especially since we live 15 miles south of San Francisco and don't need any airfare. You mentioned Price Rupert in your intinerary, but that's only on the May 8th trip. We go to Vancouver instead I'm pretty sure. Look forward to chatting with you throughout the 7 months till we sail.

Dan & Linda

just wondering if the seas were rough from CA?

How did you like NCCL and Holland America? I would be intersted in hearing your experiences since we never sailed on either of these. We have been on RCCL :(, Princess twice including Alaska :) , and once Carnival. Princess was very good but Celebrity beat it out because of service and and food. So many little touches with service. This will be our second time on Infinity, and third Celebrity cruise.

Sorry, we aren't bringing kids. We are grandparents of six kids! This past August we were on our second and last RCCL cruise to the western carribbean. It was a family reunion thing on the Voyager, and we had a dozen kids and six teens. My granddaughters did not enjoy the camp there, but on past Celebrity cruises I never met anyone whose kids did not have a blast in the kids programs. You made a wise choice, in my opinion.

The first day we left San Francisco we ran into a storm off the Nor-Cal and Oregon coast and did have a small bit of rough seas, mainly during the wee hours only. Aside from that, the water was like glass the rest of the trip, including the trip back to San Francisco. But as many passengers can tell you, you never know exactly what the weather will be like. We had light rain in Juneau and in Victoria for a bit, but no rain other than that.

Dan & Linda

Did this cruise this past May. It's wonderful. By all means, enjoy ICP. It's so pristine and the whale watching is the best. Try Royal Charters (he has a website). 6 passengers and all the fun and sun you can take.

Weather was just great. Only a couple of hours of rain....all the rest was full sun. Hubbard Glacier was totally spectular.

Infinity is a great ship. Made X believers out of us HAL lovers. Going on a TA Nov. 2006 and have the same cabin.

Ship is worth whatever it costs.

Archived