Skagway after 6pm?

Planning is Half the Fun

I'm looking for something to do after 6pm in Skagway. I wouldn't mind to hit a trail but I haven't found anyone willing to go with me yet. It looks like town has all shut up, but our ship doesn't pull out until 8:30. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Earlier in the day we've hit the streetcar tour, ranger walk, red onion tour, the train/bicycle excursion, and hopefully hit some of the museums before they shut down.

Totally different question - are there convenience stores around where I can get a can of soda and a snack?

I asked these questions earlier but couldn't find the thread to revive it. Perhaps now that it's later in the season, people will have some more experiences to report on.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Is Yukatania Trail out in the open? I haven't gotten any interest in the roll call or from the 11 other people I'm traveling with, but maybe I'll just wait at the entrance of a trail and try to convince any other group that approaches to adopt me for a few hours.

That's also good news about the drink coolers - thank you Budget Queen.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Is Yukatania Trail out in the open? I haven't gotten any interest in the roll call or from the 11 other people I'm traveling with, but maybe I'll just wait at the entrance of a trail and try to convince any other group that approaches to adopt me for a few hours.

The trail does go through trees, but it was well populated when we did it. We didn't see any wildlife, if that's what you are worried about.

We went all the way to Smuggler's Bay, and there were fewer people out there, but still some.