Guavaberry Rum

miss_rach

I ran into someone that said a few years back they were in St Maarten and drank some rum called Guavaberry and that it was very good. He said if I can find it buy some to bring home. He said its different than normal rum.

Is it readily available on the Island? If so where can I get it and where can it be purchased to bring back onto the ship?

Cheers!

Yes, the Guavaberry Emporium is located on Frontstreet,

th_DSCN0470.jpg

(click)

But all the Guavaberry Products, Rum, Flavored Rums, Hot Sauces, etc. are available everywhere, including at the Cruise Facility, itself.

gary

As you come down the pier, there is a concession stand for Guavaberry directly across from the information center on the left hand side. Bright and yellow, you can't miss it. I always get a slushee there and sit under the coconut trees and enjoy it and people watch. Free samples if you want to try it.

Evie

• 2 weeks later...

Guavaberry Rum is one of the best reasons to visit Sint Maarten. There are many flavors of the rum, our favorite is the mashup, it has fruit infused in it. The Guavaberry Colada is made with the Guavaberry liqueur, that has an oddly sweet taste, I suggest you try a sample of that before you buy a bottle, some people don't like the flavor of that, but if you do buy a bottle and don't like it, I will gladly take it off your hands. :P

Doesn't it have liquor in it? What proof is it?

35% alcohol, therefore, 70 proof.

Whoever got it by security just got lucky, they will hold till the last day, if they see it.

For anyone who has not tried it, do not confuse with guava flavor. Guava berries grow in St Martin, and the signature liquor has a strong, woody, bitter flavor. Delicious, but definitely an aquired taste.

It makes the most delicious Pina Colada (recipe included with purchase) :p

Sounds really good!! I don't drink Pina Colada's on land so hoping I can get a bottle on without having it taken from me so I can add it to a drink or two on the ship.:):):)

As you come down the pier, there is a concession stand for Guavaberry directly across from the information center on the left hand side. Bright and yellow, you can't miss it. I always get a slushee there and sit under the coconut trees and enjoy it and people watch. Free samples if you want to try it.

Evie

Free samples. One of my favorite phrases.:D:D:

• 2 weeks later...