drink prices

nunuc2000

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the Buena Vista Style Irish Coffee in O'Sheehans is included in the UBP?
Last month on the Star, it was included at O'Sheehans, but not in any other bar or in any dining rooms or restaurants. Even at O'Sheehans, a lot of the bar staff thought it wasn't included. It was a pain in the neck and totally not worth the trouble. Edited by hawkeyetlse

Are the bars and restaurants in leased space on ships? Cause it seems drink prices etc are different depending on the bar or restaurants?

Who owns these places and sets the prices? It's all a bit confusing when having the unlimited drinks.

Thanks

They aren't unlimited as far as selection. That promo is the UBP the OP is talking about. It covers drinks up to $15. NCL has now prices some of the premium drinks higher than the cap on the UBP.

It appears that the only drinks that they did this on, other than high priced brands of alcohol, were some flavored vodkas and the chocolate martini. I can't figure out why a chocolate martini wouldn't be covered at a lower price but the flavored vodkas an easy fix. Just use something else for the flavor. I like cherry lime martinis which normally use cherry vodka, lime juice, xcetera but I have researched alternate recipes online and indeed it is possible to make a cherry lime Martini using regular vodka and cherry juice in place of the cherry vodka. They must use some type of alcohol that's a premium or more expensive alcohol in their chocolate martinis so I intend to check with the bartender and see if it's possible to make the chocolate martini still using the chocolate but simply using a cheaper alcohol. Where there's a will there's a way!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

Are the bars and restaurants in leased space on ships? Cause it seems drink prices etc are different depending on the bar or restaurants?

Who owns these places and sets the prices? It's all a bit confusing when having the unlimited drinks.

Thanks

As far as I know everything on the ship is owned by NCL except the spa. Well, they own the spa, but the workes don't work for NCL--they're on the ship on a contract. I would think that if the drink is made with exactly the same ingredients, it would be the same price no matter where you order it. Where are you seeing different prices for the same drinks? I'm don't drink much so don't spend a lot of time in the bars. :p

I also have a unlimited drink question: I'm sailing solo. Why can't I order 2 drinks at once? And take them back to my room etc.

Is there some sort of deadline before I can get a second drink?

Thanks

Newbie cruiser here.

It's to prevent sharing drinks with someone who doesn't have the package. You can't order two drinks at once because you have only one drinks package. They don't have any way of knowing that you're going back to your cabin with them and not just going around the corner and giving away the second drink. That said, a well-placed tip with a bartender you've frequented may well get you that second drink each evening. :D

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

What about frozen drinks? I don't get UBP but like to order the occasional pina colada, I really don't want to pay $18 for one.

On our last cruise we didn't have the drink package and while I don't remember the exact price of the Pina Colada, I do believe it was in the $8-11 range. Also a drink I get when I want a nice cheap drunk is an Apple Pucker Long Island Tea. It's a regular Long Island tea with apple pucker liqueur in place of the Coca-Cola so it's pretty much straight alcohol other than a little sweet and sour mix and they serve it in a big glass and it cost $10.95.

Can you give some specific examples of prices you have seen that are different from bar to bar? The menu prices are normally the same all over the ship. You may have found some old menus (with NCL, anything from more than two or three months ago is probably already out of date).
I also have a unlimited drink question: I'm sailing solo. Why can't I order 2 drinks at once? And take them back to my room etc.
The rule is one drink per person at a time. I know it seems like if you're paying 200% of the fare, you should be entitled to two of everything on board, but that's not now it works.:(

Over the past month i have read different comments on the one or two drink thing. I have no plans on sharing as its me, myself and I. so maybe three drinks? lol

So is there a time frame? 10 minutes? 15 minutes?

I guess in the end it won't really matter to me. Just would be nice to order two drinks. Go back to the cabin and sit on my balcony and watch the world go by.

Over the past month i have read different comments on the one or two drink thing. I have no plans on sharing as its me, myself and I. so maybe three drinks? lol

I guess in the end it won't really matter to me. Just would be nice to order two drinks. Go back to the cabin and sit on my balcony and watch the world go by.

Well, if you don't want to tip a little extra, you can always go to multiple bars. Not sure how that will work with a drink in your hand and ordering another one, but... If your cabin is near the elevator, just take a drink to your room and go to another bar and order another one and go back. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to work around it.

I have no idea how much time there needs to be between drinks to not raise eyebrows. I doubt it's more than 10 or 15 minutes.

My sister and I like to have a large glass of wine each out on the balcony at bedtime on our cruise in March so we would each order a glass of white zin dump both into one of the glasses and set the other glass down in the hall between bars and stop at the next bar and order two glasses a white zin and dump those into this one glass. I'm pretty sure the bartenders knew what we were doing but since we both had the drinks package and they got used to seeing us every evening to get our bedtime drink they didn't give us any Flack. On our last Cruise in July we didn't have the drink package so we brought on 8 bottles of white zin and pretty much polished off one each night. We drink the other bottle during the day.

Edited by Jana60

We have never noticed a time limit.

When I didn't like a drink I'd just getanother one after a few sips.they also would give my husband a beer and then ring up a second one "to,go" as he took it back to the cabin

• 3 months later...