Equinox Gastropub beers to pool/room/theater?

dabeers1

I'm a craft beer lover so I intend to make full use of the Gastrobar. However, I'd like to enjoy those beers at the pool, show, dinner, in room, etc. Do they offer 'roadie' cups or do they mind if you take your beer to go?

Also, with the premium drink package am I able to order more than one drink at a time or is it restricted to one?

You can only order one drink at a time. If you and the person you are traveling with both have the drink package one of you can take both cards to tge bar and get a drink on each card.

My DH often brings a drink back to the cabin, we sometimes carry a drink with us to the show or dining room.

You can take a drink from any bar to any place on the ship. They don't have to-go cups but if you're going to the pool you should ask one of the pool bartenders for a plastic glass to put your drink in.

You can only order one drink at a time with the beverage package.

Make sure to take advantage of the Gastrobar happy hour. They have one or two per cruise. On our last Equinox cruise, I was looking at some of the really expensive craft beer liters. One was $ 35!! I commented on how crazy that seemed, and the bartender told me about happy hour, everything was half off, and with the premium package, a $ 35 beer was $4.50! She then suggested that I buy several, and they would hold them for me for the week! So, for the week I would run down to Gastrobar, and have them grab a beer out of my stash, and take it back to the room or wherever! It was awesome! She got a really nice tip on our last night!

When have been on the Equinox the last 2 Novembers, in 2014 they would apply our Premium pkg to the half price during the HH. Last Nov 2015, same bartender, would not, said policy had changed. Never had an offer to start a stash! Cool idea tho.

The $35 bottle is a 22oz bomber, Rogue double chocolate stout.

The GastroBar is one of the small reasons we are booked on the Equinox again in Nov 2017.

Make sure and ask to leave a note in the book on the back bar shelf!

EW

ps: I would go and fetch a Dogfish 90 to take away. But the GastroBar normally does not open till 2:00-4:00 pm most days.

Edited by wallie5446

How do you find out when Gastrobar has a happy hour? Is it posted in the daily or posted at the Gastrobar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is a floor stand by the bar, that is where it was posted the last 2 Novembers.

When have been on the Equinox the last 2 Novembers, in 2014 they would apply our Premium pkg to the half price during the HH. Last Nov 2015, same bartender, would not, said policy had changed. Never had an offer to start a stash! Cool idea tho.

The $35 bottle is a 22oz bomber, Rogue double chocolate stout.

The GastroBar is one of the small reasons we are booked on the Equinox again in Nov 2017.

Make sure and ask to leave a note in the book on the back bar shelf!

EW

ps: I would go and fetch a Dogfish 90 to take away. But the GastroBar normally does not open till 2:00-4:00 pm most days.

The Rogue double chocolate stout is sooo good!! Definitely love that beer, but I don't think I could pay that much for it.

You need to take a visit to the east coast where you can get Dogfish Head all over. I haven't had the opportunity to visit the brewery in Delaware, but everyone I know who has, has enjoyed it. They also have some other fantastic beers such as the 120 minute for IPA lovers or Midas Touch, which remains the first beer I ever enjoyed.