Some questions

amydresh

I have heard people bringing cases of soda on board. How do you get those on? There are 5 in my family so we could each carry a 12 pack on, but that would be a lot of extra. The same thing for cases of water, how do you get it on board?

Can an excursion be paid for with gift cards? If it can but I have to wait until boarding to do it, what are the chances that the dolphin encounter in Cozumel would be open to book it then?

While on excursions, are we supposed to be tipping the drivers and others that we come into contact with in addition to what we have paid for the excursion? We have booked 2 excursions outside of Carnival and they are quite pricey for what we get, one is just driving us to the beach and we are paying $40 per person.

If I were to bring a cup like a Yeti on the cruise and get the soda package, do they fill the cup for you or do you have to dump the soda in after? If they fill it, do they fill it all the way to the top in a large 32 oz cup? Just wondering if it is worth it to bring a cup that large along if they aren't going to fill it all the way.

Each person is allowed a 12 pack of soda in cans. When you say that is alot extra, do you mean too much soda or too much to carry? Each person doesn't have to bring a 12 pack and usually you just carry it on through the check in process. That simple.

Water cannot be brought aboard anymore. You can buy it online or on the ship through the Fun Shops. They were having lots of problem with people trying to smuggle liquor in water bottles, so they just banned bringing on the cruise. They lowered the price to a reasonable level that made it worth just buying it from them.

You can call Carnival to have gift cards applied to your cruise before final payment, I believe. If not, just take them on board and apply them at Guest services or the Kiosk.

Tipping is completely up to you if you feel they gave exceptional service or went out of their way.

Can't help with Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles, as I have never bought those.

Edited by HawkIVette

Each person is allowed a 12 pack of soda in cans. When you say that is alot extra, do you mean too much soda or too much to carry? Each person doesn't have to bring a 12 pack and usually you just carry it on through the check in process. That simple.

Water cannot be brought aboard anymore. You can buy it online or on the ship through the Fun Shops. They were having lots of problem with people trying to smuggle liquor in water bottles, so they just banned bringing on the cruise. They lowered the price to a reasonable level that made it worth just buying it from them.

You can call Carnival to have gift cards applied to your cruise before final payment, I believe. If not, just take them on board and apply them at Guest services or the Kiosk.

Tipping is completely up to you if you feel they gave exceptional service or went out of their way.

Can't help with Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles, as I have never bought those.

For the gift cards being credited for the cruise final payment, am I able to do that if I booked with a TA?

For the gift cards being credited for the cruise final payment, am I able to do that if I booked with a TA?

This is no problem at all. Carnival gift cards are accepted for paying off your cruise and any TA can do this in the booking engine. They nor you need to call Carnival for this.

On your Bottomless Bubbles question - they will NOT fill your Yeti. You will get your soda in a regular glass/cup. Or you can ask them to give you the entire soda can.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have heard people bringing cases of soda on board. How do you get those on? There are 5 in my family so we could each carry a 12 pack on, but that would be a lot of extra. The same thing for cases of water, how do you get it on board?

I believe that a previous poster answered this, but basically you just carry it on board with you. You cannot and should not check it with the porters. Anything in bottles can no longer be taken on at all with the exception of wine.

Can an excursion be paid for with gift cards? If it can but I have to wait until boarding to do it, what are the chances that the dolphin encounter in Cozumel would be open to book it then?

You can certainly use your gift cards to book your excursions ahead of time. Just go through the process on the website to book and when the section comes up to pay you will see a link to pay using Carnival gift cards. No reason to wait.

As far as applying gift cards to your cruise itself, it depends on how you booked. If you used a TA, simply provide them with the information and they can apply it for you. If you booked directly with Carnival, just log into your cruise manager and apply them yourself or call Carnival.

While on excursions, are we supposed to be tipping the drivers and others that we come into contact with in addition to what we have paid for the excursion? We have booked 2 excursions outside of Carnival and they are quite pricey for what we get, one is just driving us to the beach and we are paying $40 per person.

It is common practice to tip drivers and tour guides. The amount is up to you. There are several threads regarding this.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Schoifmom

Thank you all for the very helpful info!

One more question, I see that the cheers package is more $ once on the cruise, is the same true for the soda package or is the price the same no matter when you get it?

If I were to bring a cup like a Yeti on the cruise and get the soda package, do they fill the cup for you or do you have to dump the soda in after? If they fill it, do they fill it all the way to the top in a large 32 oz cup? Just wondering if it is worth it to bring a cup that large along if they aren't going to fill it all the way.

Does someone have an answer for this?

Thank you all for the very helpful info!

One more question, I see that the cheers package is more $ once on the cruise, is the same true for the soda package or is the price the same no matter when you get it?

The price is the same for Bottomless Bubbles either way.

Does someone have an answer for this?

This is no problem at all. Carnival gift cards are accepted for paying off your cruise and any TA can do this in the booking engine. They nor you need to call Carnival for this.

On your Bottomless Bubbles question - they will NOT fill your Yeti. You will get your soda in a regular glass/cup. Or you can ask them to give you the entire soda can.

Enjoy your cruise!

I believe Need2Bcruzin already did.

For 5 - 12 packs of soda - you may want to bring along a carry on size rolling suitcase or rolling duffle bag to hold it.

When they say "carry it on" it doesn't mean that it can't be in a suitcase - you just have to take that suitcase with you through security and roll it with you until your room is ready.

Also, be prepared that at some ports, they open the cases of soda and check the cans (to be certain you're not smuggling beer cans onboard) and then they will tape up the cases when they are done.

For 5 - 12 packs of soda - you may want to bring along a carry on size rolling suitcase or rolling duffle bag to hold it.

When they say "carry it on" it doesn't mean that it can't be in a suitcase - you just have to take that suitcase with you through security and roll it with you until your room is ready.

Also, be prepared that at some ports, they open the cases of soda and check the cans (to be certain you're not smuggling beer cans onboard) and then they will tape up the cases when they are done.

Thank you, that is good to know. I'm still trying to decide if it is worth it to bring five 12 packs or not. We love Pepsi and the ship only has coke, I assume?

Thank you, that is good to know. I'm still trying to decide if it is worth it to bring five 12 packs or not. We love Pepsi and the ship only has coke, I assume?

Yes, the ship will have canned Coke products. If you want something outside that, you'll want to bring it with you. You don't HAVE to bring five packs. You can bring any number of them up to five.

Tip - if there are Coke products you do like, you can see in the Bon Voyage section which products are available on the ship (anything they can leave in your room is also available at a bar).